OnePlus 3T + Android Pay Concern

A

AC Question

Basically,

I recently got a OnePlus 3T and I have some issues. I use NFC tags in my everyday life therefore want to keep the NFC setting on all the time, my issue with this is as Android pay works even when my phone is locked I feel my Android Pay is exposed by having NFC on 24/7. Is there any way to make it so Android Pay only works when the Phone is unlocked? I tried toggling the NFC on and off in the drop down box at the top of my screen but it became such a hindrance it wasn't worth doing.

Many Thanks for any responses

anon(556922)

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Android pay will not work unless your phone is unlocked. so if it seems as though yours is working will "locked" it might be that you've set a trusted device (Bluetooth, location etc) which is keeping your phone unlocked.

Max Dudzinski

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm on android 8.0.0 on nexus 5X. I have no trusted devices/locations or anything set up, just a pattern lock and fingerprint.

There is no need to unlock the device, just need to wake up the screen, in order to pay. This is worrying that there is no option to change this, as here in the UK payments under £30 can be made by contactless so if I lost my phone it wouldn't be hard for someone to exploit that!

anon(556922)

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on android 8.0.0 on nexus 5X. I have no trusted devices/locations or anything set up, just a pattern lock and fingerprint.

There is no need to unlock the device, just need to wake up the screen, in order to pay. This is worrying that there is no option to change this, as here in the UK payments under £30 can be made by contactless so if I lost my phone it wouldn't be hard for someone to exploit that!

If you are on Android 8.0, then it is the developer version. In which case you are taking a risk by using an uncompleted version of Android. On Android 7 and below if you don't have a security lock set up, it wouldn't let you set up Android pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol