Anyone get the reported OxygenOS 5.0.3 for op3/t yet? Usual VPN to Germany trick isn't working for me.
    05-26-2018 08:47 AM
    Trying to sort that out now. I have to find another VPN to use since Opera died.
    05-26-2018 08:49 AM
    You can download Oxygen Updater from Google Play - it will find 5.0.3 for you. And yes - it is the same OS version as you would get from OnePlus.
    ben55124 likes this.
    05-26-2018 11:48 AM
    You can download Oxygen Updater from Google Play - it will find 5.0.3 for you. And yes - it is the same OS version as you would get from OnePlus.
    Yep. I finally gave up on using a VPN and used the Oxygen Updater app. Worked great! I wiped the system cache from recovery both before and after the update, just as a precaution. No issues. Face unlock works great! (I never could get Android trusted faces to work on my OP3).
    05-26-2018 12:15 PM
    Yep. I finally gave up on using a VPN and used the Oxygen Updater app. Worked great! I wiped the system cache from recovery both before and after the update, just as a precaution. No issues. Face unlock works great! (I never could get Android trusted faces to work on my OP3).
    I am curious - prior to the 5.0.3 update were you already on 5.0.1, or were you on 4.5.1 as I still am?
    05-26-2018 12:41 PM
    I am curious - prior to the 5.0.3 update were you already on 5.0.1, or were you on 4.5.1 as I still am?
    I was on 5.0.1. All OTA, except for the opgrade to 5.0.3 which I used the updater app to get and then installed it locally. My old Opera VPN was the instrument of choice to get the prior updates.
    05-26-2018 01:09 PM
    I was on 5.0.1. All OTA, except for the opgrade to 5.0.3 which I used the updater app to get and then installed it locally. My old Opera VPN was the instrument of choice to get the prior updates.
    Thanks - when you moved to 5.0.1, did you need to do full reset or only clearing cache? Also curious if you are experiencing the problem of low volume through the earpiece and headset that many are mentioning.
    05-26-2018 01:25 PM
    Thanks - when you moved to 5.0.1, did you need to do full reset or only clearing cache? Also curious if you are experiencing the problem of low volume through the earpiece and headset that many are mentioning.
    No, I have not done a factory reset except for when I swapped over to the f2fs file system way back when. My standard procedure for an OTA/local update is to wipe the cache from recovery both before and after the update. So far, no issues to report.

While I would probably benefit from doing the FDR, it's just too much work to reinstall and tweak all my apps (too many to count!). I've not noticed any audio issues.

Every now and then I'm tempted to move to the OB, but then again, I don't want to fix it if is isn't broken! When I finally move to a new phone, I may try the OB on the old OP3 then.

As usual, YMMV.
    05-27-2018 03:46 PM
    No, I have not done a factory reset except for when I swapped over to the f2fs file system way back when. My standard procedure for an OTA/local update is to wipe the cache from recovery both before and after the update. So far, no issues to report.

While I would probably benefit from doing the FDR, it's just too much work to reinstall and tweak all my apps (too many to count!). I've not noticed any audio issues.

Every now and then I'm tempted to move to the OB, but then again, I don't want to fix it if is isn't broken! When I finally move to a new phone, I may try the OB on the old OP3 then.

As usual, YMMV.
    Thanks - encourages me to try it without FDR
    05-27-2018 04:57 PM
    Thanks - encourages me to try it without FDR
    I’m curious why you’re still on the older version of OOS?
    05-28-2018 08:58 AM
    I’m curious why you’re still on the older version of OOS?
    Because of all the issues people were reporting about 5.0.1 - alarms not working, low earpiece volume, wifi problems, etc. And I am actually quite happy with 4.5.1 (I have NO PROBLEMS of any kind) - but I am worried about still being on August 2017 security patch.
    05-28-2018 10:28 AM
    FWIW, I didn't have any of those reported issues with 5.0.1. And 5.0.3 has been solid for me too.
    05-28-2018 10:48 AM
    FWIW, I didn't have any of those reported issues with 5.0.1. And 5.0.3 has been solid for me too.
    Thanks - good to know - I feel confident doing the upgrade now!
    05-28-2018 11:52 AM
    Let me know how it goes. I encourage you to wipe the system cache from recovery before and after the upgrade.
    05-28-2018 01:14 PM
    Let me know how it goes. I encourage you to wipe the system cache from recovery before and after the upgrade.
    Thanks - plan on doing so - also storage cache as well
    05-28-2018 02:48 PM
    Hey Speed,

Thanks for the encouragement - installed 5.0.3 - so far no problems.
    05-28-2018 08:21 PM
    Hey Speed,

Thanks for the encouragement - installed 5.0.3 - so far no problems.
    Yay!
    05-28-2018 08:32 PM
    Thanks Don_Henry for the Oxygen Updater app tip. Nice of OP to continue adding features like face unlock to a 2yo phone -- any other OEMs doing that??? Hope they still manage an Android 8.1 update before letting their OP3/t devs move on to newer things.
    05-29-2018 05:12 PM
    Thanks Don_Henry for the Oxygen Updater app tip. Nice of OP to continue adding features like face unlock to a 2yo phone -- any other OEMs doing that??? Hope they still manage an Android 8.1 update before letting their OP3/t devs move on to newer things.
    My pleasure ben - and I personally am hoping for timely security patch updates for a while before OnePlus starts totally ignoring the 3 series. I am actually considering an Essential PH-1 or a Pixel 2 exactly for that reason.
    05-29-2018 06:16 PM
    Given recent events in the PH-1 realm, I'm not sure that is a viable option going forward.

I also hope OP keeps the security updates for the OP3/T coming long after the last promised update to Oreo 8.1
    05-29-2018 08:22 PM
    Given recent events in the PH-1 realm, I'm not sure that is a viable option going forward.

I also hope OP keeps the security updates for the OP3/T coming long after the last promised update to Oreo 8.1
    I know what you mean - although Rubin did promise no company shut down and promised 2 years of OS and 3 years of security updates - stated this 2 days ago (for what its worth)
    05-29-2018 08:27 PM
    Pardon me for chiming in but I've been hunting for a used 3T due to the speed, build quality etc but am unfamiliar with the OOS, updating etc since I've owned a Galaxy S for years. Reading the posts here it appears the updating process is different from the usual OTA; or is it? Oddly I own a Mac so I can't do any of the procedures I see here with downloading etc. I don't like iPhones for the usual reasons but don't want to buy a device that's too complex to update. Thanks
    06-08-2018 02:47 PM
    It's actually very simple. OTA has always worked in the past for me. But this last update I was unable to find the update by changing region via VPN. Instead, I snagged an app from the Play Store called Oxygen Updater and did the update locally. The app even walks you through the process, iirc.

In fact, it's somewhat similar to the update process on iOS where you download the update, then perform the update manually.

BTW, the 3T is a great phone, but will not be supported past Oreo 8.1, (whatever version of OOS that will be). I'm hoping OP will continue to provide security updates going forward, but I have no way of knowing how long they will continue.
    06-08-2018 03:12 PM
    It's actually very simple. OTA has always worked in the past for me. But this last update I was unable to find the update by changing region via VPN. Instead, I snagged an app from the Play Store called Oxygen Updater and did the update locally. The app even walks you through the process, iirc.

In fact, it's somewhat similar to the update process on iOS where you download the update, then perform the update manually.

BTW, the 3T is a great phone, but will not be supported past Oreo 8.1, (whatever version of OOS that will be). I'm hoping OP will continue to provide security updates going forward, but I have no way of knowing how long they will continue.
    Thanks...I heard the Oreo update was exclusive to the OP6 though like you, I hope security updates continue. Believe it or not I own a device running Kit Kat, ha ha. The 3T seems to be solid, fast and well constructed unlike the G6 or other alternatives such as the Galaxy S7 which has obvious QC problems due to thousands with a pink line. I'm waiting for the best 3T or even an OP5 if the price is right.
    06-09-2018 12:51 PM