Instead of 8.1 they want to give us P

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a...and-3t.879545/

Wow. They really don't want me to buy a new phone.
    07-30-2018 10:33 AM
    Good on them, I sincerely hope they follow through. Would be especially cool if they used their experience with the previews to launch it in August.
    07-30-2018 11:20 AM
    Yeah saw this on Android Authority. I've been hunting for either a 3T or Essential PH-1, but this has me lean towards the 3T which unlike the Essential has a headphone jack and a better camera.
    07-30-2018 04:57 PM
    Is it a better camera than essential? I didn't know that.
    07-30-2018 08:28 PM
    the essential must have a pretty bad camera. not saying the op3 is terrible but not great
    07-31-2018 08:31 AM
    The reviews on the Essential camera are mediocre though the Pixel camera app can be side loaded I understand. Where it does excel is both cameras shoot 4K video and it has a black/white button. Other than that the stock camera app is bare bones and low light photos aren't good. In its favor it does have the Qualcomm 835 with 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage though.
    07-31-2018 01:42 PM
    The reviews on the Essential camera are mediocre though the Pixel camera app can be side loaded I understand. Where it does excel is both cameras shoot 4K video and it has a black/white button. Other than that the stock camera app is bare bones and low light photos aren't good. In its favor it does have the Qualcomm 835 with 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage though.
    I've owned the PH-1 and 3T and used them at the same time for a few months. The screen is one of the big advantages the PH-1 has over the 3T. As long as you get one without much light bleed, the brighter higher resolution PH-1 IPS LCD looks quite a bit better than the 3T Optic AMOLED.

The PH-1 camera isn't that bad. IMO, it went from terrible to decent/solid after a ton of updates over several months. Both tend to struggle with low light pics unless you use the monochrome on the PH-1. I remember my old Nexus 6P consistently took the better (more detailed and accurate) pics in different settings. There's monthly r/Essential photo threads if you want to see some examples of pics from the PH-1.
    07-31-2018 09:51 PM
    I've owned the PH-1 and 3T and used them at the same time for a few months. The screen is one of the big advantages the PH-1 has over the 3T. As long as you get one without much light bleed, the brighter higher resolution PH-1 IPS LCD looks quite a bit better than the 3T Optic AMOLED.

The PH-1 camera isn't that bad. IMO, it went from terrible to decent/solid after a ton of updates over several months. Both tend to struggle with low light pics unless you use the monochrome on the PH-1. I remember my old Nexus 6P consistently took the better (more detailed and accurate) pics in different settings. There's monthly r/Essential photo threads if you want to see some examples of pics from the PH-1.
    Thanks..I generally don't buy phones for the camera; was just mentioning what I'd seen in reviews. I would think the 3T is much faster though it does have an earlier SoC than the PH-1. From speed test videos I've watched most OnePlus devices smoke others with a few exceptions.
    08-01-2018 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD