OnePlus 5 Dual Cameras

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Basically same sensor as 3T but there isn't OIS in OP5! That is a big down grade! But OP5 gives you a secondary camera which gives you actually just around 1.5x zoom and the secondary camera is so bad that OP5 only uses it when it is sure there is 100% enough light! In general OP5 camera is a downgrade of 3T!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Basically same sensor as 3T but there isn't OIS in OP5! That is a big down grade! But OP5 gives you a secondary camera which gives you actually just around 1.5x zoom and the secondary camera is so bad that OP5 only uses it when it is sure there is 100% enough light! In general OP5 camera is a downgrade of 3T!
Similar sensor, but not the same.

The IMX398 has a dual-photodiode PDAF tech, while the 298 has dedicated PDAF points.

Ahmedthegeek

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why is everyone disappointed of the camera .It cannot compete with 2017 flagships but its not bad .Although look at one plus price and u11 and s8

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Why is everyone disappointed of the camera .It cannot compete with 2017 flagships but its not bad .Although look at one plus price and u11 and s8

Part is OnePlus's advertising, focusing on it and it falling short.
Part is some brands are simply cool to hate.
Apple, Samsung, and now OnePlus.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Great answer! I was convinced that the first reason was the main one, I had not thought of the second, which is actually very true!

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Great answer! I was convinced that the first reason was the main one, I had not thought of the second, which is actually very true!

Now now.. dont forget HTC.. everybody just loves bashing HTC.. Now its OnePlus's turn... I still maintain... The problem with Samsung and Apple.. is not Samsung and Apple ... its the Fanbois and "21day honeymooners"

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you that it's now "in" to show disdain for specific brands. Look at BlackBerry. I could go on and on about that, so I'll just leave it there! Haha. But for sure, some people will cycle between different brands when it comes to this type of "brand disdain." As another user said, HTC had suffered a lot of brand snubbing over the years. I personally liked their products. And now HTC has a killer flagship out there! So I'm hoping that OP does well and that some will realize that there are other brands out there capable of respect than the "main" ones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc