08-03-2017 05:03 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    I agree fully with both of your points.
    Thanks, I wonder what new features they could potentially bring to the table to give them an edge other than just the price for what specs you get!
    08-01-2017 11:49 AM
    I was happy with the OnePlus 3 so i ordered OnePlus 5, but immediately returned it when I noted that it is not that much better then the OP3. Now, these guys refuse to give me a refund because they claimed the phone was damaged. The phone was in great condition when I returned it. I love the OP3, but these guys are crooks and would do anything shaft you of a refund/or not honor their warranty.
    08-01-2017 03:16 PM
    I was happy with the OnePlus 3 so i ordered OnePlus 5, but immediately returned it when I noted that it is not that much better then the OP3. Now, these guys refuse to give me a refund because they claimed the phone was damaged. The phone was in great condition when I returned it. I love the OP3, but these guys are crooks and would do anything shaft you of a refund/or not honor their warranty.
    What are you going to do?
    08-01-2017 05:10 PM
    What are you going to do?
    Well, going by this post from a different thread currently directly below this one:

agree. oneplus's customer service is horrible. i had a OP2 that warranty was voided because there was a scratch on the back of the phone that had nothing to do with the phone shutting down by itself.
    Assuming they're being truthful... What they're going to do is buy a Oneplus 6... Maybe it's time to learn from your mistakes? If they're real...
    08-01-2017 05:18 PM
    If you consider that they are part of OPP it's a bit different.

The key thing here, though, is not innovation per se, but quality and features. Like, if their camera is not as good as the competition, it's not as good and it shouldn't be excused away.
    08-01-2017 07:21 PM
    If you consider that they are part of OPP it's a bit different.

The key thing here, though, is not innovation per se, but quality and features. Like, if their camera is not as good as the competition, it's not as good and it shouldn't be excused away.
    Nor was the 3 or 3t on equal terms either.
    Close, but the lower price had to come from somewhere.
    And that is in the areas it isn't going toe to toe.

OnePlus is still making those compromises in some areas, but not able to maintain the price benefit that should come with that.
    08-01-2017 10:12 PM
    S8 has downclocked sd835 thats why op5 defeats it ,oo5 is actually amazing
    08-03-2017 03:53 PM
    S8 has downclocked sd835 thats why op5 defeats it ,oo5 is actually amazing
    That and/or OP cheated, which we know they did. It can easily be both
    08-03-2017 04:00 PM
    That and/or OP cheated, which we know they did. It can easily be both
    They all "cheat" the benchmarks, nothing special about Oneplus.

I'd say the biggest factor is probably all the background and foreground stuff Samsung runs to bog their system down.
    08-03-2017 04:12 PM
    They all "cheat" the benchmarks, nothing special about Oneplus.

I'd say the biggest factor is probably all the background and foreground stuff Samsung runs to bog their system down.
    Do they? I hear about it from time to time, but didn't realize it was universal. That really makes benchmarks even more useless than previously thought lol.
    08-03-2017 04:32 PM
    Do they? I hear about it from time to time, but didn't realize it was universal. That really makes benchmarks even more useless than previously thought lol.
    It's just a matter of who gets caught "cheating" this month... And when they are caught, you don't think they stop, do you? Nothing illegal about optimizing a system when certain tasks are being performed.

Yeah, the only real use I've found for benchmarks is testing Overclocks... And who Overclocks phones?

I mean, people DO do it... But come on, is there a point?
    Aquila likes this.
    08-03-2017 05:03 PM
86 ... 234