Should we start being more critical of OnePlus?

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
If you consider that they are part of OPP it's a bit different.

The key thing here, though, is not innovation per se, but quality and features. Like, if their camera is not as good as the competition, it's not as good and it shouldn't be excused away.

Nor was the 3 or 3t on equal terms either.
Close, but the lower price had to come from somewhere.
And that is in the areas it isn't going toe to toe.

OnePlus is still making those compromises in some areas, but not able to maintain the price benefit that should come with that.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That and/or OP cheated, which we know they did. It can easily be both

They all "cheat" the benchmarks, nothing special about Oneplus.

I'd say the biggest factor is probably all the background and foreground stuff Samsung runs to bog their system down.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They all "cheat" the benchmarks, nothing special about Oneplus.

I'd say the biggest factor is probably all the background and foreground stuff Samsung runs to bog their system down.
Do they? I hear about it from time to time, but didn't realize it was universal. That really makes benchmarks even more useless than previously thought lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Do they? I hear about it from time to time, but didn't realize it was universal. That really makes benchmarks even more useless than previously thought lol.

It's just a matter of who gets caught "cheating" this month... And when they are caught, you don't think they stop, do you? Nothing illegal about optimizing a system when certain tasks are being performed.

Yeah, the only real use I've found for benchmarks is testing Overclocks... And who Overclocks phones?

I mean, people DO do it... But come on, is there a point?