OnePlus 5 - Post your pictures here!

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I tend to agree, it takes mostly "good shots" for posts like this.
If you zoom though, you start to see a lot of dithering, or whatever the photo people call it these days. Try zooming on the 35 MPH sign, for example, it's really obvious on stuff like that.

I'm mostly happy with my 5T camera, it's crazy-fast to focus, but it seems to want to soften (the dithering) almost anything that isn't directly in the main focal length. I suspect this is their algorithm though, and perhaps they'll adjust this, which would move it from being a good camera, to a great one, or at least almost that.
I think, for "quick" shots, it's much better than my Nexus 6P, but for really detailed ones, the 6P still wins, almost every time.
I didn't have the budget to buy a Pixel2 XL anyway (with 128, to hold all my music and such, ~1000), and I'd say I more than got my money's worth, with the 5T, so far...

The funny thing is, with the set of pics with the low-light one, that one wins for overall sharpness, probably because the focal-length is infinite in that one.
I find that my 5T takes really consistent low-light pics, even though they're not always that sharp.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree, it takes mostly "good shots" for posts like this.
If you zoom though, you start to see a lot of dithering, or whatever the photo people call it these days. Try zooming on the 35 MPH sign, for example, it's really obvious on stuff like that.

I'm mostly happy with my 5T camera, it's crazy-fast to focus, but it seems to want to soften (the dithering) almost anything that isn't directly in the main focal length. I suspect this is their algorithm though, and perhaps they'll adjust this, which would move it from being a good camera, to a great one, or at least almost that.
I think, for "quick" shots, it's much better than my Nexus 6P, but for really detailed ones, the 6P still wins, almost every time.
I didn't have the budget to buy a Pixel2 XL anyway (with 128, to hold all my music and such, ~1000), and I'd say I more than got my money's worth, with the 5T, so far...

The funny thing is, with the set of pics with the low-light one, that one wins for overall sharpness, probably because the focal-length is infinite in that one.
I find that my 5T takes really consistent low-light pics, even though they're not always that sharp.

I agree that the camera is pretty good and takes acceptable shots; but I too have seen "static" or whatever it is called when reviewers zoom in on their photos. However, I still think it's a great bang for your buck, and it looks like the camera performs well overall.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
A little snow this morning
7d3d57cad479a807c86ce47600709c6f.jpg

Reno Takamiya

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Here are several photos that I took with my OnePlus 5. I mostly just take pictures of the moon, sunsets, my cats and flowers. Sometimes people. I haven't used many special modes or settings in these photos except for the photos of the traffic signs or the drink. I mainly just used portrait mode for those. The photo featuring one of my cats might look like portrait mode/edited but I swear it isn't. If you want to see more photos you can check out my Instagram which also has my moon and sunset pictures amongst other photos from my days of rockin' a Moto X (2nd Gen) smartphone.

murLVPr.jpg

6F3ECH0.jpg

hNNxzTE.jpg

DDM3FLE.jpg

FUtRwfd.jpg

bXQuXjh.jpg

ciKKklj.jpg

zDfrg5s.jpg

HTBgcQ4.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads