Oneplus 5 vs U Ultra

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I use V10 and I need to sell it before it bootloop again. I compare op5 and u ultra and here is my analysis:

Price: Almost exact same price in my city now. But u ultra can drop to around 400 us dollars range in coming months, but op phone like 3t has no discount before 3t discontinue, so u ultra win.

Design: op5 is just iphone copycat. U ultra has glasses back design same as u11. U ultra win.

Camera: u ultra has same camera system as u10 while u10 has second best camera score after u11. Op5 doesnt even have ois, small sensor, very weak second camera for 1.x zoom. U ultra win

Battery. Op5 has 10% more battery, but after a year or more china brand phone battery tend to die and lose capacity much faster. Tied

Cpu and ram. Op5 has more but no human can feel the different. Tied.

Os. Both are stable. Tied.

Conclusion: U Ultra win

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'd just go for the U11.

It's better than the U Ultra in almost every way

I had read reviews but I don't see there is much different. The camera is like may be 2% better, there is special function like squeezing the phone to do something...U11 is smaller...

but U11 price is like 30%, 40% higher.

by the way U10 just sold around 40% price of U11 in my city today, sold out in a day.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had read reviews but I don't see there is much different. The camera is like may be 2% better, there is special function like squeezing the phone to do something...U11 is smaller...

but U11 price is like 30%, 40% higher.

by the way U10 just sold around 40% price of U11 in my city today, sold out in a day.
It's how the overall experience blends together that makes me say that.

The U Ultra felt like a solid but somewhat rushed device aiming to fill a gaping hole and nothing else. The U11 feels much more complete. No offense to U Ultra owners, but the U11 is the better phone out of the 2, which shouldn't be a surprise as it's the newer phone.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I love my OnePlus 5 but I didn't get to try u11 or ultra. Can someone run the andobench for u11 and ultra to check read/write speed?

Here is op5 results

6b86161ebe01aadd90ffb80a29a7b58b.jpg

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
It's how the overall experience blends together that makes me say that.

The U Ultra felt like a solid but somewhat rushed device aiming to fill a gaping hole and nothing else. The U11 feels much more complete. No offense to U Ultra owners, but the U11 is the better phone out of the 2, which shouldn't be a surprise as it's the newer phone.
How do you think about the op5?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I dont think benchmark like this matter for a phone at all.
Well at least it tells you that they spent more money lol. Apple and Samsung always have faster read/write speed flash rom compared to other manufacturers. It actually matters a lot if you transfer files and affects the loading time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol