I did search around

I have the key icon upper right

I know it has to do with a APN right. Not a VPN (don't know what each of them are)

Could anyone take a second of their time to help me get rid of it and get back online. I am with T-Mobile fwiw

Thank you I am at my wits end and don't wanna return it

Eric
    06-26-2017 08:56 PM
    I did search around

I know it has to do with a APN right. Not a VPN (don't know what each of them are)

Could anyone take a second of their time to help me get rid of it and get back online. I am with T-Mobile fwiw

Eric
    Hi Eric!

I'd be happy to help out. Could you try to explain a bit more about the issue your having? And could you also maybe post a screenshot of what your seeing? THat might make it a bit easier for me to see what's going on.

Thanks!
    06-28-2017 12:00 PM
    I did search around

Eric
    I just did a quick google search, the key icon is the icon for VPN’s. Go to Settings in your phone, then go to Wireless and Networks, that’s where you’ll find your VPN settings. If you turn off the VPN you should be good to go, or you can verify your VPN is set up properly.
    06-28-2017 12:12 PM
    I just did a quick google search, the key icon is the icon for VPN’s. Go to Settings in your phone, then go to Wireless and Networks, that’s where you’ll find your VPN settings. If you turn off the VPN you should be good to go, or you can verify your VPN is set up properly.
    This.

It seems a bit dodgy if you have a VPN running without setting one up though... Let us know if whatevers in your VPN list doesn't correspond to something you've installed.
    06-28-2017 12:40 PM
    This key icon ?
    I like the OnePlus 5  BUT I need help  I AM A NOVICE-attachment.php.jpg

Do you use any antivirus / security programs?
    Some programs will activate VPN connection.
    If you drag down the status bar, isn't there an icon with VPN, Network, Monitor, Security, Antivirus....... label ?

Have you used this google account on other phones before OP5?
    Maybe some apps got installed on OP5 because you have them in your google account.
    08-02-2017 01:29 AM
    The key is for vpn connection go to settings and check your vpn settings and turn off vpn or if you have any vpn app uninstall it
    08-02-2017 07:39 AM