OnePlus 5 "Jelly" scrolling - Should you be worried?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't expect people to get it immediately. It's really subtle in my case and pk's.

Chances are, your OP5s are one of the better ones.

Perhaps if I watched way more times than I had I'd be able to see something. It's too bad that this is happening, because OP is awesome and this glitch could definitely make or break someone's OP5 experience.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps if I watched way more times than I had I'd be able to see something. It's too bad that this is happening, because OP is awesome and this glitch could definitely make or break someone's OP5 experience.
I wouldn't call it a glitch. It's a side-effect caused by the reversal of the display and how it refreshes.

It depends on the person, honestly. Some like it while others will be annoyed.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So this "Jelly Effect" is a great big conspiracy right? Did anyone notice the website I was scrolling? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So this "Jelly Effect" is a great big conspiracy right? Did anyone notice the website I was scrolling? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

The fact that it only appears to few devices when you perform hard/slow/accelerate/deaccelerate scroll in a certain way - Yes, I feel this is a conspiracy :)

I mean, if folks are asking or beating OnePlus for giving us a decent and not the best camera, I get it. I will too. But this "jelly" effect thing seems like a few wanted to pick a fight. And OnePlus marketing team should also be fired for handling it in the worst possible way one can!

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice anything when these stories first broke, but I am seeing it in the last few days. Seems to be more noticeable depending on what is on the screen. Brighter apps or images make it more prominent.

Arijeet77

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Thankfully, my OP5 doesnt have jelly effect, I couldn't replicate it. However, I m concerned on a number of points :

1. OP given the company that it is, shouldn't have used Apples product idea, leading to the inverted display thing. Thay should have gone creative.
2. The very fact that not all the phones suffer from this issue makes me believe that not all OP5 diaplays are inverted. This sounds even more chaotic to me. Growing by leaps and bounds since its inception, OP shouldnt be careless enough to do this.

Btw, can anyone say how to check the code which actually would return as invertdisplay=true /1?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Because of the camera placement, the screen needed to be inverted. There's only so much space, even for ribbon cabling. I very highly doubt some were manufactured any other way.

iCoerce

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'd read somewhere that this was also an issue on a few 3T models. I've yet been able to reproduce this issue on my 3T. So I truly feel that its Isolated to the 5. And, if in fact it does happen on other devices why have we never heard of it?

0mer

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
They have to fix it, but I dont find it really bother or annoying, I mean, I didn't get the phone yet but It doesn't look that bad...

sepia66

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
What's strange is that it does not affect all devices. If the screen was mounted upside down, shouldn't all phones be affected. Otherwise it could be a technical defect separate from the fact the screen is upside down.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
So, this is a definite issue. Something that can be lived with but a fault with the device for sure.
The question is are OP going to do anything about it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781