Optimizations:

Further improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity
Improvements for voice calling
Voice recording now uses less battery
Vibration intensity when receiving calls has been decreased
Bug Fixes:

Fixed Wi-Fi singal consistently being displayed as weak
Fixed certain apps not able to work under IPv6 network settings
To restore connectivity to a Windows 10 PC, please turn off USB debugging prior to the upgrade

Source:- OxygenOS 4.5.5 For OnePlus 5 Released With Lots of Fixes [Download]

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing the update on mine yet?

They do s slow roll out. If you really want it now, download opera VPN and set the region to Germany or Canada then check for updates. Be sure to disable the VPN before you actually start the download.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
What VPN? Try Germany, I got it a few hours ago with opera from Germany.

Ah i see.
And i use Private Internet Access. They don't seem to have servers in Germany. Funnily, tried the Netherlands one and got the prompt for 4.5.4.

I could try other regions randomly, but to make sure, there is no difference in the software? Like, I know 4.5.4 was for the Netherlands only, so would it have affected my device if had chosen to install it?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah i see.
And i use Private Internet Access. They don't seem to have servers in Germany. Funnily, tried the Netherlands one and got the prompt for 4.5.4.

I could try other regions randomly, but to make sure, there is no difference in the software? Like, I know 4.5.4 was for the Netherlands only, so would it have affected my device if had chosen to install it?

No, there's no difference. It's a global device and there's only one software release for all regions.

In fact, even with the 3 and 3T where there were regional versions of the hardware, thete was still only one software version.

In short, no matter what region you get the update from your device will be fine :)

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
No, there's no difference. It's a global device and there's only one software release for all regions.

In fact, even with the 3 and 3T where there were regional versions of the hardware, thete was still only one software version.

In short, no matter what region you get the update from your device will be fine :)

Ah, good to know.
and tried a bunch of the international servers on PIA and no dice. Oh well, guess I'll wait til it fully rolls out in the US then.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just download Oxygen Updater from the play store and follow the instructions. Pretty straight forward - download the update, enter into recovery and install the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36