OnePlus 5 or Honor 8 Pro???

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Odd question - between the two, I'd lean OnePlus 5 all the way - but there are also better options in the same price range.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Which one is better?
OP5 or 8 Pro

It's definitely close, but for me the OnePlus 5 is the winner. The combination of a 835 processor with a 1080p display makes it absolutely fly. 😃

The MicroSD card slot on the 8 Pro is a um, pro for me but not a deal breaker for some. Especially when you can have 128gb internal storage.

VigneshChandz

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
OnePlus 5 is better ! I choose OP5 cuz its success story has proved. Oneplus being a small company eventually grew, with a stronger fan base providing flag ship specs with quality and assurance. Honor 8 Pro is quite good but I would suggest u to take up OP5 considering the oxygen os , dash charge and it's flashy fingerprint which is hard to beat !!

ChristianRid

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Well, they are very different. From what I understand the Oneplus has better reviews over all. It has better software, hardware, it's faster and it also has a better camera.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
i would choose honor 8 pro...honor 8 pro beats even the samsung s8 in speed test ..honor is cheaper with 2k screen better camera huge battery sd card slot ir blaster and 5.7 inc screen

formalshal

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I think it really comes down to what you are looking for in a mobile phone. Both phones have their respective pros and cons.

Honor 8 Pro - 2K display, expandable storage, better camera (and more camera options), aggressively priced.

OnePlus 5 - Very fast device, better handling (due to smaller screen size), smooth OS, very handy ALERT SLIDER.

I've heard that the Honor 8 Pro does have some heating issues when the phone is used for a long time and while running multiple apps. Also, Huwaei takes a while to provide updates.

OnePlus5 apparently does not have the above issues. Haven't heard a lot of issues when it comes to heating and OnePlus does try to roll out updates quickly compared to Huawei. Then again, OnePlus is not very well known for its after sales service. I've heard of many problems in this department.

For the prices they come in both devices are amazing in their own ways.

Woody1995

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
The only thing the Honor 8 Pro has going for it is the additional storage capability, the OnePlus 5 still trumps it in almost every other aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo