Im not sure what version to get..
My phone is horrible but I don't know what version to upgrade to
Thnx for the help :)

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6gb or 8gb

6gb ram has 64gb storage and 8gb has 128gb. I chose 128gb. I think that along is worth it for extra $60.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it's unlikely you'll notice the difference in RAM, the storage difference is far more important IRL.

The 8 GB RAM is really just for the "spec whores" among us.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Honestly I got the 6GB/64GB version and have been very happy with it. Most of my stuff is on the cloud anyway so I don't really have a need for the extra storage and the speed has been blazing on my 6GB of RAM so no worries there.

Arijeet77

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

8 gb hands down. It's a no brainer for me, since the OP5 doesnt have external storage, so 128 gb storage is must for me.
Also thw fact that shelling out about $60 for double storage and 2 gb more ram is definitely worth it.

8 gb may lok like overkill now, but it would make the phone futureproof for atleast the next 3 years.

aBoijj

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

All depends on your requirements for the device. Do you think you'll get close to filling the smaller storage? Are you the kind of person who leaves loads of apps open and needs them to be how you left them when you get back to them? Do you think you might regret getting the cheaper device a few months down the line?

Really, only you know how you use your device. Use your gut.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to AndroidCentral @0mer 😃

For me, it's not about the 6GB or 8GB RAM. It's more about the storage capacity that you get with the phone. The 128gb will certainly come in handy if you love taking videos and playing games.

However, if you are a fairly average user and don't heavily rely on your phone. The 6GB / 64GB version will be absolutely perfect. Nothing wrong with it. AND you will save over 50 bucks.

Hope this helps.

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

All depends on your requirements for the device. Do you think you'll get close to filling the smaller storage? Are you the kind of person who leaves loads of apps open and needs them to be how you left them when you get back to them? Do you think you might regret getting the cheaper device a few months down the line?

+1
and it's not like the OP was the first one to ask that (dumb) question... I mean, only the buyer knows how he's gonna use his device, what he wants on it, and so on... Everyone uses a phone his own way, s...
Next question will be "should I get a S8 instead?" :O

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

You should definitely get the 8GB version and keep yourself future proof. I saw reviews from android central and 8GB version is blazing fast with almost zero app reloads while multitasking

0mer

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site

6gb ram has 64gb storage and 8gb has 128gb. I chose 128gb. I think that along is worth it for extra $60.
I think 6gb and 64gb might be good for me but I think that if I buy shouldn't I add the extra 60$ and get something that will stay even if I download 20 movies or I don't know what? :D

Yeah it's unlikely you'll notice the difference in RAM, the storage difference is far more important IRL.

The 8 GB RAM is really just for the "spec whores" among us.
I think I might love it better if I have 8gb ram in my phone and not 6 because its not that different in price but, there's problem with shipping and I can get the 6gb faster so don't know what to do

if you need the memory, spend the extra $60
its like, I think 64gb can be great for me but not sure about the ram and the futureproof :D

double the space and an extra 2gb for 60, no brainier
alrighty, thnx :)

Honestly I got the 6GB/64GB version and have been very happy with it. Most of my stuff is on the cloud anyway so I don't really have a need for the extra storage and the speed has been blazing on my 6GB of RAM so no worries there.
thnx :D

8 gb hands down. It's a no brainer for me, since the OP5 doesnt have external storage, so 128 gb storage is must for me.
Also thw fact that shelling out about $60 for double storage and 2 gb more ram is definitely worth it.

8 gb may lok like overkill now, but it would make the phone futureproof for atleast the next 3 years.
kk thnx :D

ya 8gb all the way! definitely will come in handy in a few years
so 8gb :D

I think even someone who will run all his apps in the background and use them will find the 6gb good for him but the future proof and the shipping is the only things I think about

Welcome to AndroidCentral @0mer 😃

For me, it's not about the 6GB or 8GB RAM. It's more about the storage capacity that you get with the phone. The 128gb will certainly come in handy if you love taking videos and playing games.

However, if you are a fairly average user and don't heavily rely on your phone. The 6GB / 64GB version will be absolutely perfect. Nothing wrong with it. AND you will save over 50 bucks.

Hope this helps.
Hello there :D
I can tell I'm between the love taking videos and playing games and between the average user, sometimes I do find myself seeking for more storage and sometimes I find it enough :p
thank you :)

+1
and it's not like the OP was the first one to ask that (dumb) question... I mean, only the buyer knows how he's gonna use his device, what he wants on it, and so on... Everyone uses a phone his own way, s...
Next question will be "should I get a S8 instead?" :O
nah the s8 is too breakable for me :D
I will find myself without phone after 1 day :p
and I hear that its battery life pretty bad so..

You should definitely get the 8GB version and keep yourself future proof. I saw reviews from android central and 8GB version is blazing fast with almost zero app reloads while multitasking
yea I saw it, but if I get the op5 I gotta wait some weeks, the price in my country is like 125$ more than its normal price and It wont come with the dash charge because if I want it I got to pay like 300$ more than the regular price..(they dont give it because its not the official warranty and its way cheaper than my country prices :\)
I can get the 6gb one in like 90$ more than the regular price but from abroad(VAT and ****) and it will come with the dash and all that stuff...
RIP Prices and warranty haha :p
Definitely 8 gb is better with double storage
read the guy above you :D

burhank2

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

I think that 8 gb is too overkill for a smartphone. The new version of android is optimized very well and it runs smooth even on 4GB of memory, but at the end its our choice which variant to buy. Buying a 8 GB variant will ensure you that you will receive all the future update without any hassle and you need not to worry about your getting slow due to new update because your phome will be having enough memory.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

If you've decided you want the 8/128 version, and have the cash, I'd wait for that rather than settling (#neversettle lol).

To paraphrase Shigeru Miyamoto, a delayed phone may eventually be great, but a rushed phone will be forever disappointing.

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

It's all comes down to your internal storage requirements as this phone doesn't have external storage option. Is 64 GB memory good for you, if yes, go for 6gb one, if no, go for 8 gb one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol