OnePlus 5 Review - Android's iPhone

Bardi Golriz

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Two words are all that’s needed to most accurately describe the OnePlus 5: iPhone fast. If you’ve ever wondered what it’d be like to have an iPhone running Android, look no further. I’ve been so, so impressed with this phone. Although performance is the reason to buy an OP5, there’s a lot more to it, mostly great.

You can read the full review here.

Bardi

Goran

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
OP5 is quite nice phone, but OP made mistake focusing on 6 and 8gb of ram. For example, almost nowhere you can find the information of the sound quality on OP5, it's 3.5 produces one of the finest sounds on the market, yet, that and some other advantages are hidden behind 8gb of ram.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
OP5 is quite nice phone, but OP made mistake focusing on 6 and 8gb of ram. For example, almost nowhere you can find the information of the sound quality on OP5, it's 3.5 produces one of the finest sounds on the market, yet, that and some other advantages are hidden behind 8gb of ram.

The problem there is numbers at least according to the manufacturers sell products, because they are "bigger".
And that is unfortunately I suspect true.
Hence the other focus on the dual cameras, because two are better than one seemingly.
In this case I think that was actually a downgrade in some situations.
Remains to be seen how much is hardware, and how much is software.
The latter can potentially be fixed, not the former without a new release.

How is the battery life for the OnePlus 5?

Snapdragon 835 seemingly 20%-ish more efficient than the 821.
Seeing some comments online suggesting a similar battery life or more even with a marginally smaller battery capacity.

As for comparison with another, typical usage is going to be inconsistent so difficult to compare.
Though light to moderate usage is said to last two days.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The problem there is numbers at least according to the manufacturers sell products, because they are "bigger".
And that is unfortunately I suspect true.
Hence the other focus on the dual cameras, because two are better than one seemingly.
In this case I think that was actually a downgrade in some situations.
Remains to be seen how much is hardware, and how much is software.
The latter can potentially be fixed, not the former without a new release.

Snapdragon 835 seemingly 20%-ish more efficient than the 821.
Seeing some comments online suggesting a similar battery life or more even with a marginally smaller battery capacity.

As for comparison with another, typical usage is going to be inconsistent so difficult to compare.

I have a Note 5 right now and was very unimpressed with the battery life unitil I go the Nougat update. Now the battery will last around 18 - 22 hours on a single charge.
How does the OP5 compare to the Samsung Galaxy line?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why reviewers "iPhone fast" or "iPhone for Android" or many other "iPhone <insert>".

My 7 Plus which is loaded with apps, notifications and what not does slow down and it's not that iPhone is the golden standard for comparing phone performances.

Just those statements is enough to not read rest of the review. Sigh.

bahkotp

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

This means that if I will use some games the battery won't last for a day

Last edited:

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
To label the OnePlus 5 as "Android's iPhone" is plainly silly. Apple's customer support and service are unparalleled. They update the software sooner than anyone else except Pixel/Nexus. Their hardware is always top notch. Their photography sets the standard.

About the only thing you can compare to an iPhone is a Pixel.

coolio1

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
agree. oneplus's customer service is horrible. i had a OP2 that warranty was voided because there was a scratch on the back of the phone that had nothing to do with the phone shutting down by itself.