Some users are reporting that the OnePlus 5 reboots when making a 911 call

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I dunno... To be honest I suspect trolling. I suspect it's someone on Reddit trying to get people to make bogus emergency calls for Lulz.

If it is true it'd be pretty bad, although as long as it works with 0118 999 881999119 725 ... 3 (the UK emergency services number) I'm fine personally haha.

Also if it's true, I hope this person has actually contacted Oneplus and not just started a damn Reddit thread...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I dunno... To be honest I suspect trolling. I suspect it's someone on Reddit trying to get people to make bogus emergency calls for Lulz.
>.>

Why would he? He has nothing to gain and others have reported it.

And I presume he has already reported it to OnePlus because their support reps have told users to contact support, no matter how clichéd that line is.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
>.>

Why would he? He has nothing to gain and others have reported it.

And I presume he has already reported it to OnePlus because their support reps have told users to contact support, no matter how clichéd that line is.

As I said, for the Lulz.

Or in other words, some people just suck.

I'm not saying the person is definitely lying... I'm saying Reddit is Reddit and anything posted there without a reliable source being cited should be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As I said, for the Lulz.

Or in other words, some people just suck.

I'm not saying the person is definitely lying... I'm saying Reddit is Reddit and anything posted there without a reliable source bring cited should be taken with a rather large grain of salt.
Well, I’m taking this one seriously.

Failing to make an emergency call is not a joke.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
According to whom?

If it's real and they do know, it needs to be fixed yesterday. But I'm still not quite willing to believe something just because Reddit says it.
According to the sources I’ve read.

I really hope they’re treating this as a super-high priority issue

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this show up on Facebook, not a good thing to immediately follow their display debacle. More and more I feel like a I dodged a bullet with my last OP phone being the 3...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just pretty shocked that this is even a thing.

I REALLY hope the software team is on this pronto and that an update will be issued very, VERY soon.