OnePlus for Uber?

Fred Clauss

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a new phone that can handle the demands of Uber driving better than my current ZTE ZMax Pro. I'm a little worried that Uber's apps may not run on OnePlus' OS. Is anyone using a OnePlus 3 or 5 as your primary Uber phone, do tell! What are the downsides, if any?

Thanks in advance...

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Great OS, lots of RAM, very good specs in general... I would guess it should run fine, but of course you are right, getting someone else's hands on experience is a wise thing to do.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Not aware of anything specific about the OP5 that would be an issue.
If anything it is nearer to stock AOSP (original android) than most.
Oxygen OS is in many respects no different to TouchWiz used on Samsung, or Sense UI used by HTC, etc.
Just most don't make a point about it, or actively promote the name.
I do think OP focus too much on the gimmicky advertisements, the dual cameras (two better than one), 6 or 8gb of ram rather than 3 or 4 on others, and the name of the OS, because "Oxygen" sounds much better than "Android Nougat".

Well except that a quick search shows the ZTE Max Pro to have Android 6.0, Marshmallow by default.
If the app isn't working on 7.0, then that won't be unique to the OP5.
Unlikely to be an issue though.

n apple

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It would work great, but maybe you should look at phones with extra big battery or any other 'specific' requirements you may think you have. For the big battery ones the Lenovo P2 is the best

queensoft

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
ZTE ZMax Pro seems like a pretty good phone for this app.
What problems do you have with it?
Anyway, OnePlus 5 should be a rocket for this particular app, you'll be just fine with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary