Anyone else trying to pair their OP5 with Google Home? When I try thus the audio comes out sounding like it's slowed down. Pretty annoying and disappointing.

If I pair the speaker to my laptop the audio is fine, so I figure it's got to be the phone. I rebooted both devices, repaired, switched codecs, etc.

Anyone else have experience with this?
    08-28-2017 08:52 PM
    Anyone else trying to pair their OP5 with Google Home? When I try thus the audio comes out sounding like it's slowed down. Pretty annoying and disappointing.

If I pair the speaker to my laptop the audio is fine, so I figure it's got to be the phone. I rebooted both devices, repaired, switched codecs, etc.

Anyone else have experience with this?
    Hi mate.

Did you get a fix for this? I have only recently got both devices and have the same issue. See someone on XDA also. Definitely phone related.
    11-11-2017 10:30 AM
    I haven't tried recently. I will today. I'm not sure how phone related it is though. I've paired with other speakers with no problem...
    11-11-2017 12:33 PM
    If you still have issues, try changing the codec setting in the advanced settings menu (settings>Advanced>Bluetooth audio codec).

Bluetooth is pretty crappy and unreliable in general though (come at me), you're better off using the Google cast function if that's an option.

Not sure why you're doing this in the first place though, seems to somewhat defeat the point of having a Google Home...
    11-11-2017 01:14 PM
    If you still have issues, try changing the codec setting in the advanced settings menu (settings>Advanced>Bluetooth audio codec).

Not sure why you're doing this in the first place though, seems to somewhat defeat the point of having a Google Home...
    Yea I've tried messing with the codes.

Casting Google Music is pretty useless unless you have a paid account.
    11-11-2017 01:30 PM
    I wouldn't cast Google music anyway, I'd just ask Google to play whatever I want to hear. Isn't that the point of having a home?

I don't have a premium account (£10 a month to listen to music when Netflix is £6? I don't think so) but I uploaded my music collection, so it's all in play music. And it's not like that's all you can cast, Spotify works and I bet most of the others do too.
    11-11-2017 01:53 PM
    I wouldn't cast Google music anyway, I'd just ask Google to play whatever I want to hear. Isn't that the point of having a home?
    Maybe there's something wrong with my Google account then too. No matter what I tell it to play, it'll just play one song then stop. Pretty useless. That's why I hoped pairing via Bluetooth would work better.
    11-11-2017 04:37 PM