RhinoShield CrashGuard Bumper Case for OnePlus 5 Review

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to phone cases, RhinoShield's bumper cases stand out due to their unique design. As part of the Android Central Community Review Team, I got the opportunity to review the RhinoShield Bumper Case for the OnePlus 5. I have been using this case for a month and here is my review.

Unlike cases from other manufacturers, RhinoShield takes a unique approach to building its cases. What you get is just a bumper case without any back cover.

20171006_104214.jpg

With the combination of soft and hard shell around the top, bottom and the edges, RhinoShield promises to provide drop protection of at least 11 feet/3.3 meters. The hexagonal structure in the case interior also helps to give that maximum protection.

20171006_104131.jpg

The easiest way to install the case is to slide in from the top first and then the bottom. Once installed, the top and bottom feel firm.

Here is how the front looks after installing the case.

20171006_104447.jpg

Here is how the back looks after installing the case.

20171006_104452.jpg

However, the sides feel a little flimsy. They are loose enough to pull. This does not happen with the top and the bottom.

20171006_103958.jpg

20171006_103936.jpg

That said, the sides do have a good grip so your OnePlus 5 won't accidentally slip from your hands.

And if you plan to remove the case, you should know it's not that easy for good reasons, which again shows you that your OnePlus 5 is well protected in the case. To remove the case, slide out the top first and then the bottom.

The best thing about this case is that it has well-raised lips both on the front and the back so that it protects both your screen in the front and the camera in the back of your phone.

20171006_103827.jpg

The cutouts for the buttons fit well and are easy to operate. I was able to use the alert slider without any difficulties. In fact, I found using the alert slider with the case easier to use than without the case. The volume buttons, on the other hand, might take a little time to get used to as you don't get any feedback and also due to the sides being flimsy, you will find it difficult to use initially.

20171006_103713.jpg

I love the bottom cutouts for the ports. The cutouts are raised and have good ample space so you can easily use the ports without any difficulties.

20171006_103755.jpg

One other good thing about this case is that it works well with my screen protector. I am using the BIUZKO Full Coverage OnePlus 5 screen protector and have no issues using it with the bumper case. With this combination, you should get good protection for your OnePlus 5. If you use skins, like dBrand or Slickwraps, then you should be happy to know that the bumper case is compatible with those too.

I am still getting used to using RhinoShield's bumper case full time, but so far I like it. You definitely need to build that trust with the bumper case especially when the back of the phone is exposed. I am still cautious when I place my phone down, especially in non-flat surfaces or rocks as it might scratch the back.

The only big thing I don't like about this case is how flimsy the sides are. I am hoping that's for a reason to give you that protection and absorb shock from drops, but I am not doing a drop test to prove that.

If you are looking for a simple light-weight protection for your OnePlus 5 along with the choice of your screen protector and back skin, then RhinoSheild CrashGuard Bumper Case is an excellent choice. If you are not comfortable with getting a screen protector or a back protection, it should still be OK but I wouldn't recommend using this case without that.

20171006_103728.jpg

You can purchase the bumper case directly from RhinoShield's website for $24.99.

Let us know what you think about the case!

Attachments

• 20171006_104214.jpg
    20171006_104214.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20171006_104131.jpg
    20171006_104131.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Sreenath lal

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi Bro,

I too ve ordered a Rhinoshield Bumper case. Its been more than ten days and the latest update is item received at Kolkata LCAO. I would like to know how much time it took for you to get the product from Rhino. Thanks

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bro,

I too ve ordered a Rhinoshield Bumper case. Its been more than ten days and the latest update is item received at Kolkata LCAO. I would like to know how much time it took for you to get the product from Rhino. Thanks

It didn't take long and it was here in 2 days with FedEx fast shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude