Hello,

I was thinking about whether the higher price for the 128gb version of the Oneplus 5 is worth it. Normally, for my use, 64gb would be perfect, but I stumbled upon a page on the Oneplus website:
    OnePlus 5 | Downloads - OnePlus.net
    Oneplus seems to update its devices very often, and the sizes of the software updates are mostly about 1.5gb.

Now my question is, does every update take 1.5gb of the internal storage? If yes, that would mean that after a few months my available storage will have decreased by many gb's, right?

Is this a correct conclusion?

Thanks in advance,
    Maxime
    10-26-2017 03:18 PM
    No, a full system image is about 1.5GB, bout that doesn't mean it'll eat another 1.5 GB every time it's updated.

First off, updates aren't 1.5 GB. As I said, that's a full system image. Most OxygenOS updates are about 40-400 MB and even then most of those files are updates and replace older versions so the net extra storage use after an update is pretty negligible.

For example, if they update the YouTube app, the old version is removed so the storage used afterwards is around the same, not double.
    10-27-2017 04:19 PM