I've seen quite a few XZ1s and U11s for under £400 on eBay...

Considering the 5T is £449, what's the best deal here?!

I'm stuck!
    11-26-2017 02:21 PM
    Essential phone!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-26-2017 08:20 PM
    Essential phone!
    Lololol.

Seriously, though.
    anon(10271520) likes this.
    11-26-2017 08:27 PM
    Buying off eBay van be a little dodgy...

Personally I'd go for the 5T, but the U11 is also a very good phone... It's less well spec'd though and I don't expect it to be as well supported.

The XZ1 looks quite nice on paper... But Sony seem to have... Issues. If you like the side fingerprint sensor though it's basically your only option... Hard to think of another compelling reason to pick it over the others.
    11-26-2017 08:34 PM
    The other two are both IP67/68 rated and produce quality audio both inside and out.

The U11 is starting to receive Oreo today and the XZ1 launched with it!

You see why it's not so simple?
    11-27-2017 03:41 AM
    If you can find test units in stores, I recommend fiddling around with those; and considering if you'd be okay with looking at that phone for, say, a year or two (or until you upgrade).

And, of course, watching review videos on YouTube always helps! My go-to channels are Android Authority, Erica Griffin, and Android Central.
    11-27-2017 10:35 AM
    Essential phone!
    That's also a good option!
    11-27-2017 10:36 AM
    That's also a good option!
    Not really, think it was a troll.
    11-27-2017 11:12 AM
    The other two are both IP67/68 rated and produce quality audio both inside and out.

The U11 is starting to receive Oreo today and the XZ1 launched with it!

You see why it's not so simple?
    I actually don't... I don't really value IP ratings at all, I see them as basically pointless.

Having Oreo a month early is great, but what features from it do you actually need? Is it just the ability to see an 8 instead of a 7 in "about phone"? I don't really trust the future of the phones IE security updates and android P. Although there's no guarantee Oneplus will do better...

On a personal level it has to be the 5T for me. I have doubts about Sony, and their devices and I personally don't buy HTC because of how they've treated our recon compared to the US. Yes, I hold grudges lol.

On the whole though, at £400 new the U11 is probably the best deal. Just make sure to factory reset and maybe even flash a clean ROM if it's from eBay, get rid of the spyware!
    Eggmundo likes this.
    11-27-2017 11:21 AM
    I would say OP5t. The sense UI on HTC is sluggish, and the Sony just doesn't have the battery size or screen size to match the 5t. You're also getting a much better os (my opinion) on the 5t than the other two options.
    newcollector likes this.
    11-28-2017 06:50 PM
    I would say OP5t. The sense UI on HTC is sluggish, and the Sony just doesn't have the battery size or screen size to match the 5t. You're also getting a much better os (my opinion) on the 5t than the other two options.
    Sense is anything but sluggish. HTC flagships are as zippy as OnePlus phones! Likewise Sony...

Only thing I hate about the Xperias is the design. Horrendous bezels, they get worse every year. Otherwise, those phones are normally very reliable with software and security updates, and Sony is able to deliver very solid battery life.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-01-2017 02:33 AM
    Sense is anything but sluggish. HTC flagships are as zippy as OnePlus phones! Likewise Sony...

Only thing I hate about the Xperias is the design. Horrendous bezels, they get worse every year. Otherwise, those phones are normally very reliable with software and security updates, and Sony is able to deliver very solid battery life.
    The U11 is super zippy, for sure! And I've heard the 5T is also nice and smooth. Difficult choice, for sure! Have you had any luck deciding?
    12-01-2017 07:56 AM
    The U11 is super zippy, for sure! And I've heard the 5T is also nice and smooth. Difficult choice, for sure! Have you had any luck deciding?
    No
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-01-2017 03:57 PM
    Essential Phone is actually not THAT bad. I did use one for a bit and sent it back, but that was because it did things that bothered me. I could see it being a perfectly fine phone for many people.

Anyways...I have used the U11 and I was so impressed with its screen. But what i didn't like was how chubby it was. I am also not a fan of sense ui.

In the end, just buy them, try them, and send it back if you don't like it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-01-2017 04:29 PM
    Yeah, that's the only thing turning me off the U11 - how unnecessarily fat it is!
    12-02-2017 02:35 AM
    Essential Phone is actually not THAT bad. I did use one for a bit and sent it back, but that was because it did things that bothered me. I could see it being a perfectly fine phone for many people.

Anyways...I have used the U11 and I was so impressed with its screen. But what i didn't like was how chubby it was. I am also not a fan of sense ui.

In the end, just buy them, try them, and send it back if you don't like it.
    A good philosophy for sure. Buy it, try it out, and return it if you feel like it's not for you!
    12-03-2017 04:07 PM
    No
    Don't worry! Deciding between those powerhouse phones is really tough! Hopefully we can be of more service to you! Any concerns with one device or any questions we can help you out with?
    12-03-2017 04:08 PM