keep stock screen protector on 5T?

TornadoRed

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate that OnePlus included a screen protector, but it collects fingerprints like crazy. Are you keeping yours on? Does the screen really need it?
I haven't used a screen protector in years. My HTC One M7 and Nexus 5X did just fine without them.

Last edited:

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping mine on until I'm sure I'm not returning it...... Which should be soon as I'm really liking this phone! Not a big fan of screen protectors either.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Personally I view the included screen protector as a stop gap til you get a tempered glass one. If you're not, I'd take it off.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I orderd the op tempered glass protector when I ordered the 5t. I will keep the factory applied screen protector as long as possible. I like having the tempered glass for a backup

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming their screen protector is plastic? How durable is it? At least, as you are saying in this thread, it's a good failsafe until a preferred screen protector arrives.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I orderd the op tempered glass protector when I ordered the 5t. I will keep the factory applied screen protector as long as possible. I like having the tempered glass for a backup
I am with you on this. I didn't realize the quality of the supplied plastic protector. I thought it was just that protective film most phones ship with. I was pleasantly surprised. When this one gets yucky, I will replace it with the tempered glass one I bought from OnePlus.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am with you on this. I didn't realize the quality of the supplied plastic protector. I thought it was just that protective film most phones ship with. I was pleasantly surprised. When this one gets yucky, I will replace it with the tempered glass one I bought from OnePlus.

This is great that it is of good quality? Do you find the plastic feel to be too much or is it not very noticeable?

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What can I say - I lurk and stalk, like a phone ninja!
But you don't experience. Time to feel the power and the speed and all the goodness of the 5T! Listen to me, Morty! There is nothing like owning a OnePlus 5t!

Now if you lived in Louisville, KY, I would gladly meet with you so you can take one for a spin. Once you do, you will be hooked.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
But you don't experience. Time to feel the power and the speed and all the goodness of the 5T! Listen to me, Morty! There is nothing like owning a OnePlus 5t!

Now if you lived in Louisville, KY, I would gladly meet with you so you can take one for a spin. Once you do, you will be hooked.

You are very convincing! Haha. I will probably make the jump in the next few weeks.😊

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
What can I say - I lurk and stalk, like a phone ninja!

And a cheerleader it seems, considering you post like crazy here lol. Once your name is like on every single thread as the last person to post, it's about time to just buy one already lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34