Missing AT&T LTE speeds

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone on AT&T been able to get any decent data speeds on their 5T (or 5). AT&T Todd me today there was nothing they could do with the OnePlus speeds. Best I'm able to get us around 3.5mbps down.

CallMeEric

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, but I receive my 5T tomorrow.

How would I be able to check my LTE speeds? I can check mine and compare them to yours in a day or so.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
During a just completed chat with OnePlus, I was told that a fix to the slow AT&T LTE speeds was being prepared in the next OS update. With my return window closing in about 10 days, I hope it comes soon.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This issue is seeing allot of action on the OnePlus Community page. Apparently, it's a know issue with OnePlus and AT&T not playing well on the 5 and 5T. Maybe one of the AC guys could do a little investigating to see what the issue really is? Right now; if you're using the 5T on AT&T, don't expect much in the way of LTE data speeds.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This issue is seeing allot of action on the OnePlus Community page. Apparently, it's a know issue with OnePlus and AT&T not playing well on the 5 and 5T. Maybe one of the AC guys could do a little investigating to see what the issue really is? Right now; if you're using the 5T on AT&T, don't expect much in the way of LTE data speeds.

Drag :-/

ChumsFuture

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
103 down 34 up. 5T is actually double the speed of my previous phone, the Honor 8.

Edit: got 140mb+ down in another location. So yeah, no att lte issue here. Just popped my old SIM card in and it was good to go.

FH9lCNc.jpg

Last edited:

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, I dunno if this is the only reason, but while at the AT&T store today I got reminded that their Unlimited Choice plan is limited to 3mb download. We'll see what happens when I upgrade my plan...

ChumsFuture

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Well, I dunno if this is the only reason, but while at the AT&T store today I got reminded that their Unlimited Choice plan is limited to 3mb download. We'll see what happens when I upgrade my plan...

It absolutely is the reason. You gotta upgrade/pay for the unlimited plus plan to get the fastest speeds. 100+gb even in LTE+ areas.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I pull mid 60's to low 70s down, and 8-14 up, with my 5T, very consistently.
Located in a Seattle suburb, pretty high density, and AT&T Unlimited Plus.