ok google

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hope they plan to include this always listening feature. Got shamed by Siri on an iPhone 6s last weekend.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
One thought and i wont have my phone for a couple more weeks using Face Unlock could you then say OK GOOGLE all hands free?

seems like it should Face unlock would turn on screen.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
One thought and i wont have my phone for a couple more weeks using Face Unlock could you then say OK GOOGLE all hands free?

seems like it should Face unlock would turn on screen.

OOPS so you still have to hit power button before face unlock works?
After the face unlock feature has learned your face, each time you wake the phone it will try to scan your face and unlock the phone -- and it's impressively fast at doing so.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I enabled double-tap to use with my face-recognition.

It's crazy-fast too, usually it's unlocked just as the screen is fully enabling, almost a "race" between the camera/unlock and the display, certainly <0.5 seconds, from my testing anyway.
It even does a pretty good job off-center, so if you're looking down at your camera at an angle.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Confused, I thought face UNLOCK worked not even touching phone?
I assume I am wrong and one must push power button first?

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Face unlock is absolutely amazing by the way. I never thought I would prefer this to using a fingerprint sensor, but I do.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Face unlock is absolutely amazing by the way. I never thought I would prefer this to using a fingerprint sensor, but I do.
I would love to use face unlock, but my work email prohibits that feature. The fingerprint unlock does work with the email, so I am happy. I did get tired of having to type in my code like I did on the Priv. This is much quicker.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I would love to use face unlock, but my work email prohibits that feature. The fingerprint unlock does work with the email, so I am happy. I did get tired of having to type in my code like I did on the Priv. This is much quicker.

Yeah, it's a good thing the scanner is really good as well, and almost as fast as face unlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo