Sandstone Version!

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh yes, true. Time would be a good indicator, too. As in, maybe it's only available for two months; rather than there only being 10,000 or X amount of units available for purchase.

Wow, that would be a cool design! I'd really love black with red accents.
Call it the limited edition Kylo Ren version.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday - very disappointed. The finish on the back has a large production flaw. There is obviously no QC at OnePlus. The problem is I have a long international trip I am going on in two weeks, and I need the phone. After calling OP and jumping thru hoops, the best they can do is send a replacement 12 business days after they get mine back. That will be much too late for me. When I had a problem with another phone company, they sent me out a replacement immediately, and said they would charge my credit card if they didn't get the old phone back - which is fine. OP will not do that. Before they would even offer a replacement, they wanted a picture of the damage! I need the phone, so I will just have to accept the flaw - not happy. Customer service still sucks...

BTW, this is nothing like the original sandstone.

IMG_20180112_131349-2.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine yesterday - very disappointed. The finish on the back has a large production flaw. There is obviously no QC at OnePlus. The problem is I have a long international trip I am going on in two weeks, and I need the phone. After calling OP and jumping thru hoops, the best they can do is send a replacement 12 business days after they get mine back. That will be much too late for me. When I had a problem with another phone company, they sent me out a replacement immediately, and said they would charge my credit card if they didn't get the old phone back - which is fine. OP will not do that. Before they would even offer a replacement, they wanted a picture of the damage! I need the phone, so I will just have to accept the flaw - not happy. Customer service still sucks...

BTW, this is nothing like the original sandstone.

View attachment 277731

Oh no, that's so awful... I'm sorry that happened to you.

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Limited can mean many things. Limited to 50k or 1k, or only 500k. All can be called "limited" which is a great marketing tool. Whatever the "limited number is, it still has to be enough devices for them to make a healthy profit on or offering the white sandstone would not be worth the effort. Maybe it is just me, but when a company offers a "limited" run, then I want to know the number of the so called limited or the time frame.

Well it was as I said, cuz there's no more in stock, sold out in 2 hours.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They won't be selling the Sandstone anymore because it is no longer on the website. I guess they weren't kidding about it being limited.
No they weren't. From now on I will believe them when they say limited edition. Lesson learned: OnePlus means what they say and say what they mean!

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Your white version? May I ask why? I'm sure you'll sell it soon! The Sandstone Version was in very high demand, it seems!

Yep, white sandstone, sealed in box. I hope to make some money off it. As for why...I was really wanting to keep it but some things have discouraged me as of late. It's a great phone for sure, but I found it to be just a little too tall. After all the new phones I bought in 2017, I am still sticking with my Galaxy S7, which continues to get the job done for me and has all the features I need.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, white sandstone, sealed in box. I hope to make some money off it. As for why...I was really wanting to keep it but some things have discouraged me as of late. It's a great phone for sure, but I found it to be just a little too tall. After all the new phones I bought in 2017, I am still sticking with my Galaxy S7, which continues to get the job done for me and has all the features I need.

I totally understand what you are saying! Well, I'm sure there are more than a few people who wanted to get their hands on a Sandstone Version 5T and weren't able to; so I doubt you'd have a problem selling yours! Good luck!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

You could sell it here in the Marketplace sub-forums - I know there were a few users here who were disappointed that they missed out on the Sandstone Version!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Some posts have been cleaned up and I hope we can return to the topic and discuss things civilly. Please remember that when someone crosses the line, we don't want you to jump with them. Please just hit the report button and let @Golfdriver97, @Almeuit and their magic minions get in there and review it.

#HugsNotDrugs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or at least not the kind of drugs that make people ignore #PUPPAH and start treating each other like garbage.