I think about getting one but after I saw and read a lot of review it made me think about how bad the camera is.

Is the latest software improve the camera quality?

Thanks.
    01-07-2018 05:17 PM
    Hi! OP has released software updates that improves the camera. The camera isn't bad - it's decent - it's just not on par with the likes of the Pixel 2 line or the S8. It's still a worthwhile purchase, IMO. The reviews I've seen praise the camera - they don't say it's the best by any means, but they say it's pretty good and it gets the job done.
    01-07-2018 05:40 PM
    It's not great in low light but other than that, it is fine.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-07-2018 07:17 PM
    In my opinion the camera is very nice. The 5 and especially the 5t are well worth the price.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-07-2018 07:56 PM
    I would also add that one's perception of camera performance is subjective. The camera specifications themselves are not, of course, but user and reviewer feedback is. This is mainly why I take reviewers' camera, screen/display, and battery statements with a grain of salt. Individual user cases will certainly vary.

For example, one reviewer may say the camera on Phone A is sub-par; whereas I myself may use the same phone under the same conditions and claim that the photo is great. Or, a power user may say his battery life is horrible; whereas another user who is into reading articles and light gaming may say otherwise. The specs are identical, yet users will interpret their usefulness and efficacy differently based on their usage patterns and individual opinions.

Specs don't lie, but individual user experience will certainly vary. If you would like to try out the OnePlus 5T - great! Try out the camera and see how you, yourself feel about it. I've heard their return policy is excellent, so if you find that you are dissatisfied, you will not be stuck!
    newcollector likes this.
    01-08-2018 01:17 AM