Visual Voicemail

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail sounds cool! What does that mean, exactly?
It is a recording of a call you missed when someone leaves you a message. You can retrieve and listen to it through visual voicemail. Don't get too excited. It isn't like the name sounds. You don't get a visual recording. Just voice.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It is a recording of a call you missed when someone leaves you a message. You can retrieve and listen to it through visual voicemail. Don't get too excited. It isn't like the name sounds. You don't get a visual recording. Just voice.

Ahhh okay, I see. Thanks for explaining that! :)

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site

Sort of.
I forward to GVoice, and can get actual (fairly accurate) visual-translated text, from voice-mail.
The Windows phones had this for a long time, so when I moved to Android last year, I did some digging, and this seemed to be the best "carrier agnostic" visual-voicemail solution.

I have probably actually listened to the audio of maybe 2-3 messages/year, for maybe 6-7 years now.

I'm on AT&T too, and they have an app which *should* do the same, although it doesn't quite get the awesome reviews, that my other method almost-always does. Plus, it gives me a way to call via LTE/WiFi, since I have a separate GVoice number (you have to get one, to forward to, to get the visual part).
This is a pretty good summation:
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-set-up-Google-Voice-as-a-voicemail-for-my-cell-number

I have a trigger too, so I get a text with the translated message, particularly hand(ier), since most people already have their text app up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac