Does the 5T have visual voicemail built into the dialer like Pixel phones?
    01-23-2018 04:50 AM
    Does the 5T have visual voicemail built into the dialer like Pixel phones?
    Never even thought about this. I am on AT&T so I activated with their Sim and since I already had visual voicemail, this app transferred over when I did the device switch.
    01-23-2018 09:59 AM
    It sure does, I'm using it on T-Mobile now, but I'm sure it works differently from carrier to carrier.
    02-02-2018 02:47 AM
    Visual voicemail sounds cool! What does that mean, exactly?
    02-02-2018 10:02 AM
    Visual voicemail sounds cool! What does that mean, exactly?
    It is a recording of a call you missed when someone leaves you a message. You can retrieve and listen to it through visual voicemail. Don't get too excited. It isn't like the name sounds. You don't get a visual recording. Just voice.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-03-2018 09:30 AM
    It is a recording of a call you missed when someone leaves you a message. You can retrieve and listen to it through visual voicemail. Don't get too excited. It isn't like the name sounds. You don't get a visual recording. Just voice.
    Ahhh okay, I see. Thanks for explaining that!
    02-03-2018 10:19 AM
    Sort of.
    I forward to GVoice, and can get actual (fairly accurate) visual-translated text, from voice-mail.
    The Windows phones had this for a long time, so when I moved to Android last year, I did some digging, and this seemed to be the best "carrier agnostic" visual-voicemail solution.

I have probably actually listened to the audio of maybe 2-3 messages/year, for maybe 6-7 years now.

I'm on AT&T too, and they have an app which *should* do the same, although it doesn't quite get the awesome reviews, that my other method almost-always does. Plus, it gives me a way to call via LTE/WiFi, since I have a separate GVoice number (you have to get one, to forward to, to get the visual part).
    This is a pretty good summation:
    https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-set-u...my-cell-number

I have a trigger too, so I get a text with the translated message, particularly hand(ier), since most people already have their text app up.
    02-05-2018 02:35 AM