So, I'm shopping for my first android phone (amazing, it seems; but I've lived with my flip phone for over a decade!) and I was looking at the OnePlus 5t. However, I live in an area of New England that pretty much has the option of Verizon, US Cellular, or Tracfone/Smart Talk (I've been on Tracfone for over a decade).

I have heard that OnePlus phones are limited in the services they connect to, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows if I am making a mistake; i.e. if I am looking at a phone that wouldn't allow me to make calls in this area! I realize I might be overreaching for my first android phone, and it might be wiser to taper my idea of an entry-level phone (Motorola seems to make some nice flexible & affordable models), so I wanted to be sure before going for what seems like such a big plunge!
    02-18-2018 11:54 AM
    The OnePlus 5T supports GSM networks, so Verizon won't work. I know it works with Straight Talk and should work fine with Tracfone. Should contact Tracfone to be sure the 5T is fully compatible. The Moto X4 might be a better option since it supports GSM and CDMA.
    02-18-2018 01:16 PM
    I'm GSM with Cricket in the states and Service is Superior, I remember on OnePlus website they had an option to look at carriers that are compatible with the phone
    Very happy with my 5T
    02-18-2018 02:49 PM