os updates

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How soon does one plus get os updates and for how many years do they receive them?
If you mean Security patches, it seems the updates come once every two months. The phones are supported for at least two years as far as actual OS updates. But there are plenty of stable custom ones available to keep your device up to date for far longer.

A friend had a OnePlus One that was running Oreo smoothly until he finally upgraded to the 5t.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My 5T is on the December security patch and I'm hoping for January update as that 1 resolves some serious security issues

Where was the OS patch a few days ago but not security

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you mean Security patches, it seems the updates come once every two months. The phones are supported for at least two years as far as actual OS updates. But there are plenty of stable custom ones available to keep your device up to date for far longer.

A friend had a OnePlus One that was running Oreo smoothly until he finally upgraded to the 5t.

Wow, that OnePlus One story is pretty neat!

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks.. despite my credit card fraud I can't say that I fully fault one plus for this. I guess **** happens and I never gave one plus a fair shot due to this occurrence. I hope the person who spent $7000 USD on my credit card enjoys their purchase!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Did the OP5 get the Oreo update and if so, will it get others or just security patches? I'm hunting for an OP3T or 5 for budget reasons, though I'd prefer a phone that will continue to get OS updates beyond Oreo. I'm Mac at home so not sure whether I could install custom ROM updates nor am I familiar with the process. Thanks

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The 5 got Oreo on Christmas Day 2017 and got the 8.1 update a couple of months ago.

I expect it to get P, if you want that abomination on your phone.

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
I would expect the OnePlus 5 will get updated to P (apparently Pistachio or Pistachio Ice Cream!), as they don't seem to be relenting on keeping it bang up to date with security patches and UI improvements. I am currently running beta 13 of the official OnePlus ROM and they just majorly upgraded the UI. Security patch level is 1 June 2018.

The other plus is that OnePlus phones in general are setup to make it easy to load custom ROMs should you wish, and devs are always wiling to keep phones on the latest release even if the manufacturer slacks.

The OnePlus 5 is easily the best phone I have ever owned, and the battery life is ridiculously good.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
How is it possible to roll back to the previous version?
Go to the support page of OnePlus website find your phone and download your preferred Operating System and follow posted directions , between Google backup and 1 Plus backup it was a breeze to reset my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan