I'm usually not one to stir the pot this way, but I was thinking...

My first few months with the OP5 were basically perfect as far as what I expected to get out of that device. Around the three month mark, I noticed some changes. Battery life greatly decreased, apps didn't stay in memory nearly as well... Right then, the leaks and hype started ramping up for the 5T.

Fast forward a bit, and my first few months with the 5T had been similarly great, until just this week, when I saw the same sharp decrease in battery performance. Aaannd just in the last week or so, the OP6 rumor machine is reving up. Coincidence? Probably. I know haha.

Admittedly, my experience is very anecdotal. I don't have any stats or real science to show, other than I'm seeing my battery percent drop faster lately, am getting less screen on time, and am seeing more app reloads. I've done the usual checking for recently installed or updated apps and such.

I wouldn't give the theory a second thought if OP hadn't already been caught in some strange and shady activity in the past. Sadly, I don't think I can put anything past them.

Thoughts? Has anyone else seen similar decreases in certain aspects of their OP devices?
    03-25-2018 09:09 AM
    Err...it's just you I believe. My OnePlus 5 is still doing great after almost a year - running perfectly fine as it did since I bought it on their launch day.

Did you try resetting the device and see if it helps?
    03-25-2018 10:21 AM
    *Alex Jones voice* WHAT'S EVEN WORSE, ONEPLUS ARE TURNING THE PANDAS GAY! THAT'S WHY THEY'RE GOING EXTINCT!

Ahem, have you reset your phone? My battery life seems to decrease if I don't reboot every week or so.

You could also try running the battery down and charging while it's turned off...

I've also had a 5 since it was first available and haven't really noticed any battery degradation beyond normal wear.
    03-26-2018 11:22 AM
    I think Putin is involved for sure my battery life tanked after installing RT news! 😂🤣😂🤣
    ODog2323 likes this.
    03-26-2018 11:29 AM
    I'm usually not one to stir the pot this way, but I was thinking...

My first few months with the OP5 were basically perfect as far as what I expected to get out of that device. Around the three month mark, I noticed some changes. Battery life greatly decreased, apps didn't stay in memory nearly as well... Right then, the leaks and hype started ramping up for the 5T.

Fast forward a bit, and my first few months with the 5T had been similarly great, until just this week, when I saw the same sharp decrease in battery performance. Aaannd just in the last week or so, the OP6 rumor machine is reving up. Coincidence? Probably. I know haha.

Admittedly, my experience is very anecdotal. I don't have any stats or real science to show, other than I'm seeing my battery percent drop faster lately, am getting less screen on time, and am seeing more app reloads. I've done the usual checking for recently installed or updated apps and such.

I wouldn't give the theory a second thought if OP hadn't already been caught in some strange and shady activity in the past. Sadly, I don't think I can put anything past them.

Thoughts? Has anyone else seen similar decreases in certain aspects of their OP devices?
    If you get the OP 6 and the same thing happens, I believe the one constant in all scenarios is the owner of the devices. Hmmmmmmm.
    03-26-2018 03:13 PM