December Security Update ??? Why

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Why are we still on last year's December update , there's been a lot of security risk since then that need to be updated!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that most of the software development resources are going into the Oneplus 6 and, to a lesser extent, the 8.1 update for the 5 and 5t.

It is quite irritating. Up until now I've been pretty happy with the security patch rollout, but my cutoff for a good timeframe is 3 months.

As an aside, my Oneplus 3 running beta software is on the April patch.

It's quite irritating.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that most of the software development resources are going into the Oneplus 6 and, to a lesser extent, the 8.1 update for the 5 and 5t.

It is quite irritating. Up until now I've been pretty happy with the security patch rollout, but my cutoff for a good timeframe is 3 months.

As an aside, my Oneplus 3 running beta software is on the April patch.

It's quite irritating.
That is why going Beta gets you the latest and greatest. Not frustrating at all of you choose to make the jump. So far the betas have been very stable.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
On Beta super easy thought I would have to reset the phone but I didn't keep all my data yahhh

April security update...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That is why going Beta gets you the latest and greatest. Not frustrating at all of you choose to make the jump. So far the betas have been very stable.

I'm well aware of how easy it is and the benefits of using the open beta. As I said, I'm using it on my Oneplus 3.

However, I personally value stability on my main daily driver phone over having the latest and "greatest" software on my phone. They have been pretty stable, but there's always an increased risk with beta software and I don't particularly rant the potential hassle.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Stability is the most important however the lack of a current security update was very concerning too , I'm on a 5T with Oreo already so the beta program install was a breeze so far 0 issues and I do enjoy Oreo with Oxygen on top great system.
Updating a older system I would have more caution

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm well aware of how easy it is and the benefits of using the open beta. As I said, I'm using it on my Oneplus 3.

However, I personally value stability on my main daily driver phone over having the latest and "greatest" software on my phone. They have been pretty stable, but there's always an increased risk with beta software and I don't particularly rant the potential hassle.
Like you I was concerned with issues on Beta. However a friend of mine who is a developer encouraged me to give it a go. I find Mecca is very astute in areas like this. He has been using a OnePlus since the first phone.

But past beta performance is no guarantee of future performance, and I understand the the potential problems for some are not worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy