I'm scared to download this update. Seems like Android Pie kinda sucks because of all the changes Google made. I think Oreo was fine as is. Now I do want the WiFi stability issue fixed and this update promises that but I'm still worried I'm gonna hate Android Pie. Anyone have any issues with the last update?
    01-25-2019 09:20 PM
    I'm not installing it on my 5 (my main phone), but I'll probably install it on my 3 if and when it gets it.

I wouldn't worry about the WiFi "fixes", they promise them in almost every update, and do they ever actually deliver?
    01-26-2019 12:49 PM
    Idk. This is my first OP device so you tell me. Lol
    01-26-2019 12:54 PM
    I took the plunge and so far, so good. The UI elements are dramatically different. Two changes that I really like are: 1) the slider settings changed so that the middle slot is "vibrate only" and the top is now DND, and 2) they now have a DND option as an element in the top tray (slide down options). You can customize what that new DND option truly means (no alerts at all, only no audible alerts, etc.), which makes it pretty flexible.

The Settings sections are more streamlined, as well. So far, I'm good with it, fwiw.
    01-26-2019 06:54 PM
    I took the plunge and so far, so good. The UI elements are dramatically different. Two changes that I really like are: 1) the slider settings changed so that the middle slot is "vibrate only" and the top is now DND, and 2) they now have a DND option as an element in the top tray (slide down options). You can customize what that new DND option truly means (no alerts at all, only no audible alerts, etc.), which makes it pretty flexible.

The Settings sections are more streamlined, as well. So far, I'm good with it, fwiw.
    Ok. I don't like that the volume buttons control the media volume by default. Also not sure if I'm gonna like the side scrolling "Recents" setup.
    01-26-2019 07:06 PM
    Idk. This is my first OP device so you tell me. Lol
    They do not lol.

Ok. I don't like that the volume buttons control the media volume by default. Also not sure if I'm gonna like the side scrolling "Recents" setup.
    The change to recents seems like pretty poor design given displays are now tall and narrow... But that's Google.
    April Cummings1 likes this.
    01-27-2019 09:24 AM

DND? Sorry like the poster I'm also new to the OP 5T and wondering whether to update
    02-11-2019 02:18 PM
    DND? Sorry like the poster I'm also new to the OP 5T and wondering whether to update
    Are you asking what DND means? If so it's Do Not Disturb.

Or Dungeons & Dragons... But that's another forum.
    02-15-2019 06:06 AM