Google App Info settings

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 5T and over the course of the past few updates have noticed a correlation between Google app updates and some minor function issues such as intermittent Smart WiFi failing to work on occasion. Going to Settings>Apps & Notifications>Google app Info, scrolling down to Advanced there are two toggles which by default are switched on: Display over Other Apps & Modify System Settings. Since the minor issues surface when Google updates, does it make sense to switch OFF the Modify System settings and if I do, how will it affect the phone's operation?

Thanks.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
That would probably affect a lot of other functions the Google app is designed for. Have you already tried clearing the Google app cache and data? Or wiping the cache partition? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/oneplus/oneplus-5t/wipe-cache/

Yes EVERY time Google updates I HAVE to wipe the cache partition and have done both hard and soft resets. Looking at the countless posts in the OnePlus forums about the Google app crashing and causing other problems its clear their dev team is screwing up big time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's only happening on OnePlus phones, then it may have more to do with something in the OnePlus firmware that's not playing nice with the Google app updates. Are you using the stable version or beta version of the Google app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star