When do you think OnePlus 5 will be released?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping it is June-July but something also tells me it will be released alongside Android O. I mean, OnePlus has/had two devices with Android N, will they still release another one with N?

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Based on the previous release dates of the devices, i would say somewhere between June and July would be a nice spot. Its not near any big launches like the iPhone or Galaxy devices. So should be a nice time :) With regards to the OS, i think Android N will definitely be the OS of choice. Android 'O' is still a fair bit away. Probably only November. I think the Google Pixel 2 might be the fist device with it. That would definitely help with sales.

OnePlus 3T, Nov 22, 2016
OnePlus 3, June 14, 2016
OnePlus 2, July 28, 2015
OnePlus 1, April 23, 2014

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping it is June-July but something also tells me it will be released alongside Android O. I mean, OnePlus has/had two devices with Android N, will they still release another one with N?

They only released one phone with N. the one plus 3 was released with marshmallow.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Nah. It'll be called the Oneplus 5. The number 4 has a negative connotation in China, so they're skipping 4 altogether.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it will be released as soon as possible! :p lool. I'm very interested to see what OnePlus brings to the table.

TheLiege

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Am really struggling with what to do. After loving Windows Phone for so long I am hating my Microsoft Lumia 950XL and Windows 10 Mobile and have decided I want to replace it with a OnePlus device. Have the money to get a 3T but don't know whether to wait for the 5.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Am really struggling with what to do. After loving Windows Phone for so long I am hating my Microsoft Lumia 950XL and Windows 10 Mobile and have decided I want to replace it with a OnePlus device. Have the money to get a 3T but don't know whether to wait for the 5.
If you care about getting the latest specs and dual lens camera, then OP5 is your answer. Else, OP3T is as good as any flagship device (minus the camera and screen) that you can buy today!

TheLiege

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you care about getting the latest specs and dual lens camera, then OP5 is your answer. Else, OP3T is as good as any flagship device (minus the camera and screen) that you can buy today!

My main concern is that I'm not going to be able to replace it for a couple of years so will it still be a decent phone when the hardware is essentially 3 years old.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The problem with OnePlus is that they abandon their previous phones when it comes to support and updates. Hence why I'll be selling my first and only OnePlus phone OP3t soon and moving to something else. Possibly Nokia 9, S8 Plus our Sony XZ Premium

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The problem with OnePlus is that they abandon their previous phones when it comes to support and updates. Hence why I'll be selling my first and only OnePlus phone OP3t soon and moving to something else. Possibly Nokia 9, S8 Plus our Sony XZ Premium

They don't support their precious iterations? That's unfortunate.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's a pity as the OnePlus 3t is a decent phone apart from a mediocre camera and average screen. Other that that battery life has been great for me personally. It has snappy performance too.
I personally don't want to wait around and see if OnePlus policy changes down the road. My other gripe is that they are very inconsistent with their security patch updates (over 3 months at one stage). People will say it's no big deal, but Google thinks otherwise and they are trying​ take steps to ensure manufacturers are​ prompt about these security updates in the future.
Most people are very happy with their 3t but it's all down to experience and personal l preference.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/04/07/oneplus-silent-nougat-oneplus-2-oneplus-x-owners-pissed/

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe the reason around not updating old phones is probably because of abondoning CynogenMod and going to Oxygen OS. That's a huge step and would probably incur more costs to fine tune and build Oxygen OS for older devices.

I am confident that OnePlus 3T will receive regular updates though given that they have full team dedicated to Oxygen OS and new devices.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe the reason around not updating old phones is probably because of abondoning CynogenMod and going to Oxygen OS. That's a huge step and would probably incur more costs to fine tune and build Oxygen OS for older devices.

I am confident that OnePlus 3T will receive regular updates though given that they have full team dedicated to Oxygen OS and new devices.

Hopefully the 3T continues to get updates into the future!

Hot Dawg

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So, TheLiege, what did you decide? - nevermind, just saw your follow up. :)

Yep, finally time to hang up the 950XL (although I still love it, just hate that I can't DO anything with it) and this looks like my best bet at moving back to Android. Sad to lose dual SIM/SD card, though (fingers crossed.)

So now, I have anticipation syndrome. Come on, 5.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084