I like the OnePlus 5 BUT I need help I AM A NOVICE

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did search around

I have the key icon upper right

I know it has to do with a APN right. Not a VPN (don't know what each of them are)

Could anyone take a second of their time to help me get rid of it and get back online. I am with T-Mobile fwiw

Thank you I am at my wits end and don't wanna return it

Eric

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I did search around

I know it has to do with a APN right. Not a VPN (don't know what each of them are)

Could anyone take a second of their time to help me get rid of it and get back online. I am with T-Mobile fwiw

Eric

Hi Eric!

I'd be happy to help out. Could you try to explain a bit more about the issue your having? And could you also maybe post a screenshot of what your seeing? THat might make it a bit easier for me to see what's going on.

Thanks!

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I did search around

Eric

I just did a quick google search, the key icon is the icon for VPN’s. Go to Settings in your phone, then go to Wireless and Networks, that’s where you’ll find your VPN settings. If you turn off the VPN you should be good to go, or you can verify your VPN is set up properly.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just did a quick google search, the key icon is the icon for VPN’s. Go to Settings in your phone, then go to Wireless and Networks, that’s where you’ll find your VPN settings. If you turn off the VPN you should be good to go, or you can verify your VPN is set up properly.

This.

It seems a bit dodgy if you have a VPN running without setting one up though... Let us know if whatevers in your VPN list doesn't correspond to something you've installed.

queensoft

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
This key icon ?
attachment.php.jpg

Do you use any antivirus / security programs?
Some programs will activate VPN connection.
If you drag down the status bar, isn't there an icon with VPN, Network, Monitor, Security, Antivirus....... label ?

Have you used this google account on other phones before OP5?
Maybe some apps got installed on OP5 because you have them in your google account.