One Plus 5 feature

Jakob 1

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Is speech to text app accessible for the hearing impaired people available on OnePlus 5 device?

Speech to text For hearing impaired people...

Uh as fas as i know, the pure stock android brings the function speech to text. But I dont know if the function is available for hearing impaired people...

but if they can talk well i guess yes.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Voice recognition services even on dedicated products like those from Amazon and Google are handing off the heavy lifting of the actual recognition to an external service, so assuming an app is doing the same, I don't see why not.
Which service specifically are you referring to.
Text to Voice I expect to at least be supported by standard by Android in some form, but the other way around ?
First I have heard of it, at least on a mobile device.
Calling a contact by voice is most likely simply comparison of a stored recording, something very different.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Calling a contact by voice is not done via recording - it's done by the same voice processing as everything else.
@dharhunt, what exactly are you looking for? In all likelihood you would need to look for an Android app rather than something that is specific to the OP5, though.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Is speech to text app accessible for the hearing impaired people available on OnePlus 5 device?

Are you asking for a particular app? Because as it has been said, what you ask for sounds like a pretty standard android functionality.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Calling a contact by voice is not done via recording - it's done by the same voice processing as everything else.
@dharhunt, what exactly are you looking for? In all likelihood you would need to look for an Android app rather than something that is specific to the OP5, though.

On some phones maybe, perhaps more commonly on newer phones.
But certainly on some it was done by comparison, because they didnt have the capability to do anything else.
They even had a voice tag requiring physical storage space, a recording of you naming that contact.
Perhaps a moot point now on modern devices, but it certainly wasn't always the case.

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Do you mean speech to text as in subtitles? In that case that's up to whatever service you are streaming from to provide it (most major video streaming sites do such as netflix and YouTube). However if you are looking for speech to text as in you talk and it converts it to text, (which wouldn't be very beneficial specificly to the hearing impaired) then most major keyboard support it, and if your stock keyboard dosen't support it you could get something like google keyboard.

queensoft

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Speech to text For hearing impaired people...

Uh as fas as i know, the pure stock android brings the function speech to text. But I dont know if the function is available for hearing impaired people...

but if they can talk well i guess yes.

Speech to text or text to speech?
Text to speech is standard on all Androids.text-to-speech-edit-100667337-medium.png

Ahmedthegeek

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are you asking that text to speech can listen to person who speak differently like mumbling words or some sort of that.i think it isnt capabke of it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20