So, I have been reading an article about the battery life of the new OnePlus 5 on OnePlus 5 review: Battery life and camera | TechRadar because it's a very important feature on a phone for me (on my current phone the battery has to be charging all the time due to the fact that the battery is not working properly anymore).
    I wanted to ask if anyone who has bought or tried out an OnePlus 5 can confirm that the battery only lasts one day? Thanks!
    07-25-2017 03:25 AM
    07-26-2017 01:35 PM
    Take a look at this giant thread...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/on...tery-life.html

You say "only" one day, how many days do you expect to get out of a smartphone battery?
    07-26-2017 02:02 PM
    Take a look at this giant thread...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/on...tery-life.html

You say "only" one day, how many days do you expect to get out of a smartphone battery?
    I am still waiting for some breakthrough in battery tech or that a flagship gets a 5000MhA battery.
    07-26-2017 03:00 PM
    One plus has only 3300mah battery,it is ok for many peoply but probaly not for heavy users moreover you can carry a powerbank with you
    07-26-2017 03:33 PM
    One plus has only 3300mah battery,it is ok for many peoply but probaly not for heavy users moreover you can carry a powerbank with you
    You can carry a power bank, although without the advantage of the ultra fast dash charge. But that's life...
    07-27-2017 08:14 AM
    I read the comments and all agree that the battery only lasts one day, what they do not explain is what kind of use, because for me the use of one plus 5, serious for work activities, things like review emails, make calls, view PDF files, send and reply messages, occasionally if the time allows you to review one that another social network , no games or hear music, (for that I have my ipod) in that context of use as it would be its duration, can someone say something about it
    07-27-2017 09:25 AM
    I have a friend who has one and he says that for sure the battery will last all day unless you are streaming video for more than like 2hrs out of your day. Then you might have a problem.
    07-27-2017 09:38 AM
    If long charging life is really important, you should get a battery case. You might have to wait awhile before one comes out for the OnePlus 5.
    07-27-2017 12:52 PM
    I read the comments and all agree that the battery only lasts one day, what they do not explain is what kind of use, because for me the use of one plus 5, serious for work activities, things like review emails, make calls, view PDF files, send and reply messages, occasionally if the time allows you to review one that another social network , no games or hear music, (for that I have my ipod) in that context of use as it would be its duration, can someone say something about it
    According to the comparison Android Authority made, I would say that for that kind of use the battery should last a lot.
    07-28-2017 07:44 AM
    If long charging life is really important, you should get a battery case. You might have to wait awhile before one comes out for the OnePlus 5.
    Either that or one of the more specialty phones that have really large batteries and are high on the power saving side.
    07-28-2017 08:59 AM
    Either that or one of the more specialty phones that have really large batteries and are high on the power saving side.
    Right, like the Moto phones from the last year with the snap on battery pack.
    07-28-2017 10:30 AM
    Right, like the Moto phones from the last year with the snap on battery pack.
    Yeah the Z play with a big ol' battery mod is probably the best for battery life.

Then again, you get similar results with any phone that has a ZeroLemon case.
    07-28-2017 11:00 AM
    The problem with describing "use" is that it isn't something you can reproduce.
    Therefore what someone describes as heavy, or light etc isn't going to match someone else's definition, or will that use of a given user be consistent, even if they describe it the same.
    Comparable battery life through artificial tests is the best we are going to get, even if not representative or indicative of real usage.
    07-28-2017 10:56 PM
    I've heard its good, but I haven't done much research
    07-30-2017 04:22 PM
    A power bank or Mophie Juice packs should be turning up soon.
    07-30-2017 04:52 PM
    Well, let's see how much will increase the life of the battery with the new update: Upcoming OxygenOS update for OnePlus 5 could improve battery life significantly - GSMArena.com news
    PRGDR likes this.
    07-31-2017 09:34 AM
    Well, let's see how much will increase the life of the battery with the new update: Upcoming OxygenOS update for OnePlus 5 could improve battery life significantly - GSMArena.com news
    Interesting if true... I don't really need more battery life, but I won't turn it down either.

Battery life is kind of like cheesecake in that regard...
    07-31-2017 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the info. It sounds great. I wonder if they will also do something for the OP3.
    08-01-2017 07:03 AM
    In a vid op5 defeats s8 in a battery test
    08-03-2017 03:54 PM
    So, I have been reading an article about the battery life of the new OnePlus 5 on OnePlus 5 review: Battery life and camera | TechRadar because it's a very important feature on a phone for me (on my current phone the battery has to be charging all the time due to the fact that the battery is not working properly anymore).
    I wanted to ask if anyone who has bought or tried out an OnePlus 5 can confirm that the battery only lasts one day? Thanks!
    One Plus has a good battery life. However, if you are gaming the whole day then you will have to charge it twice a day.
    08-03-2017 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the info. It sounds great. I wonder if they will also do something for the OP3.
    Some searching shows that the Google Pixel shipped with EAS support.
    That means the Snapdragon 821 used by the 3t (and the Pixel) at least could support it in theory.
    As for the 820 in the 3, that is less certain.
    08-03-2017 08:21 PM
    I typing this with my OP5 now. The battery life has been up and down with every official update. But on its good days, it's a pretty capable. I consider myself a heavy user, I use FB, WhatsApp, read newspapers, check Amazon, browse with Chrome pretty much all day. It can easily standby for a day, even two. It will give me 5 hours of on-screen time.

I'm not fussed, if it last the whole day I'm out and about (normally 12 to 14 hours) without charging then I consider it to be satisfactory.

If it does get low, there's dash charging, you can get 80% juice in 30 minutes and that's enough for a day.
    08-19-2017 07:21 PM
    I'm really impressed with the battery life. I can get almost 2 days out of a full charge with moderate use and charging is so fast that it's no annoyance at all.
    08-21-2017 11:24 AM