One plus camera is best in the market

Ahmedthegeek

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I read in a comparison that op5 camera is the best in market but the u11 scores the most dx0 scores.It means that one plus can improve camera quality by focusing on the camera app. Am I right?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It produces good images but cannot be the best in the market with features like OIS lacking in the camera.

DXO Mark scores only tell you one part of the story. The score you see is a combined score but if you see the individual scores you will find where OP5 excels and not.

Software can only help a bit but the rest is with the sensor OP5 is using and the features/optimizations it can deliver with that. That is a gamble right now because if OP5 had thought those to be important we would have seen them when they released the OP5.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
It produces good images but cannot be the best in the market with features like OIS lacking in the camera.

DXO Mark scores only tell you one part of the story. The score you see is a combined score but if you see the individual scores you will find where OP5 excels and not.

Software can only help a bit but the rest is with the sensor OP5 is using and the features/optimizations it can deliver with that. That is a gamble right now because if OP5 had thought those to be important we would have seen them when they released the OP5.

In my opinion the release might have been rushed.
The functionality is still being improved, as shown by the patch adding in EIS for 4k video.
Whether that was the intent or saving face because of pressure from customers, is uncertain.
At least it is going to benefit the users.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

OnePlus tailored the camera to get the high dxo score...so if you need the exact situations that dxo tested and care exactly about what they are accounting for then great... But otherwise the OnePlus may dissapoint relative to phones with the same dxo score

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
OnePlus tailored the camera to get the high dxo score...so if you need the exact situations that dxo tested and care exactly about what they are accounting for then great... But otherwise the OnePlus may dissapoint relative to phones with the same dxo score
All the latest flagship phones, while incorporate good camera specs, do a ton of job in software optimizations and algorithms to post process the image. It has produced great results. However, OP5, IMHO, has not yet done those optimizations and I believe they will do that in software updates.

Other than that, OP5 indeed can take good pictures and normal users (unlike us geeks) will be very happy with the results.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
If OP5 had OIS, it would definitely be the one camera to beat. Let's hope next year's model will feature it.

No.
Because stabilisation is not the only problem.
The size of the sensor is another, with larger sensors being better for low-light.
The smaller sensor being used might be in part due to physical size constraints due to having to fit 2.
Perhaps good design of the internals can reduce that issue, but that is something it is stuck with currently.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP has a really good camera, but it's hard to say that one phone has *the* greatest camera on the market.

Measuring such a feat not only requires objective variables (like megapixels, whether or not it has dual cameras, or other camera-focused specifications), but also subjective variables (how users feel about the quality, detail, and overall appeal of photos, videos, etc).

And even one's bias of the phone can come into play; for example, if someone really liked the OP5, maybe they'd be more inclined to say that they thought the camera was the best; or on the flip side of that, a user who really likes Samsung or another brand may just say that the OP's camera is sub-par in favour of their preferred phone.

Therefore, I think it's very difficult, if not impossible, to deduce which phone has the best camera on the market. Too many variables and too many varying ways to measure such variables.

MODScy

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Surely. No matter how much Apple swoon customers with their photography banners that tries convincing that the pics are directly clicked from Appy itself, OP5 has camera far better than that.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The camera on the OP5 has missed way too many shots for me to call it great, but I didn't pay Samsung money for this hardware, so I'm perfectly OK with that trade. It's a good shooter under the right conditions, and it's an upgrade over my last phone, so I'm happy.

The selfie camera has been very good in the limited number of times I've used it.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The camera on the OP5 has missed way too many shots for me to call it great, but I didn't pay Samsung money for this hardware, so I'm perfectly OK with that trade. It's a good shooter under the right conditions, and it's an upgrade over my last phone, so I'm happy.

The selfie camera has been very good in the limited number of times I've used it.

What kind of shots? Low light?

I found that in good lighting the camera does a good job. I don't shoot really in low light so its not a problem for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy