I read in a comparison that op5 camera is the best in market but the u11 scores the most dx0 scores.It means that one plus can improve camera quality by focusing on the camera app. Am I right?
    TheGrayWolf81 likes this.
    08-02-2017 04:35 PM
    It produces good images but cannot be the best in the market with features like OIS lacking in the camera.

DXO Mark scores only tell you one part of the story. The score you see is a combined score but if you see the individual scores you will find where OP5 excels and not.

Software can only help a bit but the rest is with the sensor OP5 is using and the features/optimizations it can deliver with that. That is a gamble right now because if OP5 had thought those to be important we would have seen them when they released the OP5.
    TheGrayWolf81 likes this.
    08-02-2017 05:10 PM
    I am going to have to do a bit of searching but the hardware I believe is a constraint, tiny sensor, meh lens
    08-02-2017 05:47 PM
    On paper its very good, but it isn't the best when its photos are compared to other flagships.
    08-02-2017 06:49 PM
    It produces good images but cannot be the best in the market with features like OIS lacking in the camera.

DXO Mark scores only tell you one part of the story. The score you see is a combined score but if you see the individual scores you will find where OP5 excels and not.

Software can only help a bit but the rest is with the sensor OP5 is using and the features/optimizations it can deliver with that. That is a gamble right now because if OP5 had thought those to be important we would have seen them when they released the OP5.
    In my opinion the release might have been rushed.
    The functionality is still being improved, as shown by the patch adding in EIS for 4k video.
    Whether that was the intent or saving face because of pressure from customers, is uncertain.
    At least it is going to benefit the users.
    08-03-2017 03:59 AM
    If OP5 had OIS, it would definitely be the one camera to beat. Let's hope next year's model will feature it.
    digitalbreak likes this.
    08-03-2017 04:20 AM
    If OP5 had OIS, it would definitely be the one camera to beat. Let's hope next year's model will feature it.
    Amen
    08-03-2017 07:28 AM
    Amen
    Shimmerman
    08-03-2017 07:54 AM

OnePlus tailored the camera to get the high dxo score...so if you need the exact situations that dxo tested and care exactly about what they are accounting for then great... But otherwise the OnePlus may dissapoint relative to phones with the same dxo score
    08-03-2017 10:16 AM
    OnePlus tailored the camera to get the high dxo score...so if you need the exact situations that dxo tested and care exactly about what they are accounting for then great... But otherwise the OnePlus may dissapoint relative to phones with the same dxo score
    All the latest flagship phones, while incorporate good camera specs, do a ton of job in software optimizations and algorithms to post process the image. It has produced great results. However, OP5, IMHO, has not yet done those optimizations and I believe they will do that in software updates.

Other than that, OP5 indeed can take good pictures and normal users (unlike us geeks) will be very happy with the results.
    08-03-2017 10:38 AM
    Very good thread. I learned some important stuff about the op5's camera, thanks all!
    08-03-2017 11:36 AM
    Thanks for info
    08-03-2017 01:25 PM
    No.
    Because stabilisation is not the only problem.
    The size of the sensor is another, with larger sensors being better for low-light.
    The smaller sensor being used might be in part due to physical size constraints due to having to fit 2.
    Perhaps good design of the internals can reduce that issue, but that is something it is stuck with currently.
    08-03-2017 06:32 PM
    I think the OP has a really good camera, but it's hard to say that one phone has *the* greatest camera on the market.

Measuring such a feat not only requires objective variables (like megapixels, whether or not it has dual cameras, or other camera-focused specifications), but also subjective variables (how users feel about the quality, detail, and overall appeal of photos, videos, etc).

And even one's bias of the phone can come into play; for example, if someone really liked the OP5, maybe they'd be more inclined to say that they thought the camera was the best; or on the flip side of that, a user who really likes Samsung or another brand may just say that the OP's camera is sub-par in favour of their preferred phone.

Therefore, I think it's very difficult, if not impossible, to deduce which phone has the best camera on the market. Too many variables and too many varying ways to measure such variables.
    09-11-2017 09:26 AM
    Surely. No matter how much Apple swoon customers with their photography banners that tries convincing that the pics are directly clicked from Appy itself, OP5 has camera far better than that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-16-2017 10:13 AM