OnePlus 5 Audio Quality

BillJude56

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've read some flagship phones( HTC U11, Axon 7, LG V series) have more powerful DACs that enhance audio fidelity with headphones/earphones. I'm wondering how the OP5 compares. Thanks.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Nothing dedicated to that in the OP5 as far as I know.
So the audio experience with headphones will likely be strictly "average".

For users who can tell the difference, that will be more of a problem for those who can't.
Not everyone is going to benefit as much from better audio.

IchBinSkyr

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Coming from an HTC 10 there is a noticeable downgrade that I have to get used to but it hasn't made me regret the switch vs upgrading to the U11.

I knew it would be a downgrade cause anything that doesn't have anything dedicated would be a noticeable change. I hadn't considered how much I'd notice until I heard the difference but as I said, I'm not considering it a big deal as I don't find it that bad. Audiophiles that care a lot more than me might have troubles adjusting though.

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you have Bluetooth headphones that support Bluetooth codecs like aptX and aptX HD, the sound over those Bluetooth devices using that codec is amazing. .

Other than that, the audio is typical - not great but of good quality.

zedexdriver98

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
The speaker audio quality when turned up to full is pretty poor... Probably the worst thing about the phone. But get yourself anything Bose and you won't have that worry anymore... If you can't already tell I'm a massive Bose fan haha ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC