Smart Lock page empty

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
After rebooting my OP5 I found my Smart Lock page is empty. I'm running the latest OP5 software & Google Play Services 11.6.72

Removing & readding a Bluetooth device does not prompt me to set it as a trusted device.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour & resolved it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This probably isn't the solution, but go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents​ and make sure Smart Lock is turned on there.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue Everytime after I have cleared my cache I have to shut down every time wait about a min. when it reboots the options comes back

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
figured i'd share what worked for me.

1. turn off Smart Lock from Trust agents.
2. reboot phone
3. turn on smart lock
4. smile :)

Freddy Grande

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

2. reboot phone
3. turn on smart lock

Awesome! This worked for me.
I think this might be one of the quirks I've been working through after installing the Beta ROM on my OnePlus 5T and using Titanium Backup to restore my apps and settings.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Friends...sorry to barge in on this discussion, but I'm in the hunt for a OnePlus 5. Coming to Oxygen from a Samsung phone, is it fair to assume that apps like Swiftkey and others in the Play Store work just as well as standard Android phones? I know this sounds weird since Oxygen is a 'flavor' of Android, but I just wanted to make sure.

Exsosus

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Dear all, I want to thank you for this solution and can write here that I have confirmed that this is a bug with Android version 8. Happened on my new Sony Xperia XZ2, only after one week after buying it.

Saratoga Semper

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Friends...sorry to barge in on this discussion, but I'm in the hunt for a OnePlus 5. Coming to Oxygen from a Samsung phone, is it fair to assume that apps like Swiftkey and others in the Play Store work just as well as standard Android phones? I know this sounds weird since Oxygen is a 'flavor' of Android, but I just wanted to make sure.

Yes works flawlessly

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

2. reboot phone
3. turn on smart lock
Thanks for the tip! For some reason, out of the blue, my Trusted Devices stopped working and when I went to the Smart Lock screen it was blank. I rebooted and still blank. I did a Google search and saw this post. Worked like a charm.

aarondd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

2. reboot phone
3. turn on smart lock

Running stock 8.1.0 on Pixel XL -- this did the trick for me as well. Nice to see that a 1-yr-old bug is still in full effect.

Mike Beranek1

Nov 24, 2018
Visit site

2. reboot phone
3. turn on smart lock

Thanks ra535i this did the trick real nice -- following this particular failure on Android 8.1.0 BlackBerry KEY2

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So presumably your phone is being administered by someone else, like your workplace IT. The device management software they enabled might have turned off your ability to access this menu. You'd have to speak to the IT people about this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos