I’m looking to move back to Android from an iPhone SE, and I’m considering a OnePlus 5 for its low price and high end features (compared to other flagships). Does OnePlus make good phones?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:07 PM
    I believe that their phones have remarkably good spec and performance for a relatively low price.
    The OnePlus guys will tell you more, so I'll move this to the forum of the latest OnePlus device, as good a forum as any of the others I imagine.
    09-20-2017 02:52 PM
    I’m looking to move back to Android from an iPhone SE, and I’m considering a OnePlus 5 for its low price and high end features (compared to other flagships). Does OnePlus make good phones?
    It's a fantastic value for the price. Does it have it shortcomings yes all phones do but overall it's fluid I never had a stutter like I did with Samsung phones. Battery life is awesome. So simply put it a great phone with alot of upside but it comes down to what matters most to you
    09-20-2017 06:06 PM
    Yes, OnePlus has made some very good phones with impressive specs, especially compared to other sub flagship priced phones. Their most recent phones 3/3T and 5 feature very good performance and build quality. The main issues with OnePlus have been subpar customer service and supporting devices with timely updates and security patches.
    09-20-2017 08:20 PM
    OnePlus makes great phones, definitely! Especially given their price point for many top-end/flagship features. Go for it!
    09-21-2017 02:55 PM
    I recently switched over to OnePlus and I couldn't be happier. I have been using the phone for a week now and sure there is a learning curve but I couldn't be happier. The above average camera is good enough for me. The screen is great. It is fast and never is sluggish. my wife has the s8plus and she is even impressed with the OnePlus. I did a lot of research via professional reviews from major tech magazines and they did not lie. OnePlus 5 truly is the best bang for your buck.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-21-2017 06:05 PM
    I recently switched over to OnePlus and I couldn't be happier. I have been using the phone for a week now and sure there is a learning curve but I couldn't be happier. The above average camera is good enough for me. The screen is great. It is fast and never is sluggish. my wife has the s8plus and she is even impressed with the OnePlus. I did a lot of research via professional reviews from major tech magazines and they did not lie. OnePlus 5 truly is the best bang for your buck.
    So glad you're loving it! And yes, it's the greatest bang for your buck!
    09-21-2017 10:58 PM
    I've recently switched, too and finding it very good. I didn't realize that Oppo was the parent company. I had one that (Find 7) worked on my carrier here in the US. I liked Color OS, and I loved the Oppo forum. It was multi-national, and I do mean multi-national.

The camera is quite good - I don't do modes but tend to macros and landscapes. I'll have to wait until certain purple flowers bloom to check. My Canon bridge and DSLR see them as too blue, the MXPE tended towards the blue but not as much.

The reds seemed to do better. Normally I have to use a red-enhancing filter on the DSLR or Photoshop.

Most of my paid apps are having no trouble. I don't do social apps. I'd have no idea how FB or Twitter behave.

BTW - this is the first phone I've seen in a while that didn't have links to FB or Twitter anywhere out of the box and/or default. The browser I use doesn't have them either. Saves me the trouble of deleting or otherwise pulling their teeth. Good for Oneplus.

The one problem seems to be Sky Map. Doesn't like the gyroscope for some reason. Tilted and wiggled, did the figure H and nothing. Will have to find another app. Also doesn't like the fact that I use GPS only.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-25-2017 08:42 AM
    Hmm, just opened sky map to check and it seems to work fine on my phone, your device might have a sticky gyro...

Might be worth downloading an app that can test it and possibly wake it up.
    09-25-2017 10:58 AM
    I've recently switched, too and finding it very good. I didn't realize that Oppo was the parent company. I had one that (Find 7) worked on my carrier here in the US. I liked Color OS, and I loved the Oppo forum. It was multi-national, and I do mean multi-national.

The camera is quite good - I don't do modes but tend to macros and landscapes. I'll have to wait until certain purple flowers bloom to check. My Canon bridge and DSLR see them as too blue, the MXPE tended towards the blue but not as much.

The reds seemed to do better. Normally I have to use a red-enhancing filter on the DSLR or Photoshop.

Most of my paid apps are having no trouble. I don't do social apps. I'd have no idea how FB or Twitter behave.

BTW - this is the first phone I've seen in a while that didn't have links to FB or Twitter anywhere out of the box and/or default. The browser I use doesn't have them either. Saves me the trouble of deleting or otherwise pulling their teeth. Good for Oneplus.

The one problem seems to be Sky Map. Doesn't like the gyroscope for some reason. Tilted and wiggled, did the figure H and nothing. Will have to find another app. Also doesn't like the fact that I use GPS only.
    Glad you are enjoying your phone and that the camera is working well for you!
    09-25-2017 10:59 AM
    No, Skeye works perfectly well, and so did Vortex. Probably didn't like the no enhanced location and no other permissions.
    09-25-2017 04:53 PM
    I have used OnePlus One that was really great phone. My uncle is using the oneplus 5 seems a good phone again from oneplus
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-02-2017 04:02 AM