OxygenOS 4.5.11 rolling out.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not on the US page it isn't
Downloads - OnePlus.net

Not on my phone, either.

Anyone posting about updates should include where they live - EU, Asia, etc,
If you look in the MXPE forum, N is rolling out everywhere but US after announcement.
Just announced by US users recently. Lots of disgusted posts.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not on the US page it isn't
Downloads - OnePlus.net

Not on my phone, either.

Anyone posting about updates should include where they live - EU, Asia, etc,
If you look in the MXPE forum, N is rolling out everywhere but US after announcement.
Just announced by US users recently. Lots of disgusted posts.

I said "IS ROLLING" not "HAS ROLLED".

Rollouts take time, either be patient or use a VPN to trigger the update from Canada, there isn't a "US version" of the phone or software, it's global.

The point of this post was to let people know it's coming, and to notify the VPN people they can get it now.

This isn't the Motorola forum, I gave up on them a long time ago.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You are right about the Motorola forum.

I do know that rollouts take time and can go by country. "Is rolling out" sounded like it was starting somewhere currently. Maybe you should have started by saying you were notifying the VPN people which is also fine with most others.

I have no problem with waiting if I know it isn't vaporware. A lot of people whine if the newest thing isn't available right away. Nougat for the MXPE was starting to sound like vaporware.

I just don't like things sneaking up on me. The 5 already has.
I got the wifi hooked up, no network and there was a big notice about an update.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You are right about the Motorola forum.

I do know that rollouts take time and can go by country. "Is rolling out" sounded like it was starting somewhere currently. Maybe you should have started by saying you were notifying the VPN people which is also fine with most others.

I have no problem with waiting if I know it isn't vaporware. A lot of people whine if the newest thing isn't available right away. Nougat for the MXPE was starting to sound like vaporware.

I just don't like things sneaking up on me. The 5 already has.
I got the wifi hooked up, no network and there was a big notice about an update.

4.5.12 is out now if use a VPN to set to either Canada or Germany it works fantastic will download the new update

Attachments

• 2817.jpg
    2817.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 26

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Very good, thank you for understanding.

I see that 4.5.1.1 is now onsite for download. Will they also do the update OTA?

The bit about Oxygen recovery is confusing me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
4.5.13 is now rolling out, seems to just be another minor bug fix with nothing particularly interesting like 4.5.12.

Maybe it has the new opt in for data collection at setup?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
it didn't I think it was just minor bug fixes for issues with with the original patch same security patch level nothing on data collection different build number.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it didn't I think it was just minor bug fixes for issues with with the original patch same security patch level nothing on data collection different build number.

Yeah, it was kind of reaching... But it's pretty common for stuff to be left out of change logs. Doesn't matter much to me anyway, not planning to factory reset anytime soon, or ever if possible.

4.5.13 is now a regular OTA update to the phone. You don't have to do zip.

Every post in the thread is about OTAs lol. You're the only one who's mentioned updating from a zip file.

I don't generally pay attention to the uploaded flashable zips as they usually aren't available for download until a week or two after the OTAs roll out.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That's the way the downloads were posted on the Oneplus 5 site. With instructions on how to use computer to install. As Zips or download to SD card.

I'd regard those files you talk of as being more of something like betas judging from a post on the Oneplus forum today. Someone who got the "official" OTA after installing the zips complained that they were mostly the same as the ones you call OTA and some things were a little different.

13 hadn't even hit some phones as download in the US until yesterday, and 11, 12 and 13 had been on the official Oneplus site as zip downloads a couple of days before.

I'll check the official site from OnePlus and wait for an Over The Phone update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc