You all down with the OnePlus 6 notch or nah?

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 281247

Seems like it's certainly going to be harder to avoid. Hopefully folks realize not everyone wants the notch.

https://www.androidcentral.com/oppo-r15-oneplus-6-design
We really don't get an option on this, do we. What is will be. Either people will buy it or they won't. My guess is if it sells well then they will continue to use the notch going forward.

If it flies like a lead balloon, they may reconsider the dreaded notch. Doesn't matter either way for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess it looks nice but I'm getting frustrated with every manufacturer (it seems, anyway - LG, OP and Huawei have done this thus far, off the top of my head) incorporating a notch into their designs... Hopefully this is a trend that will stop. But with so many manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon, it probably won't. It may be the new "thing" of 2018.

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
have to use it to really know, but regardless of it you will eventually get used to it.....just like using a BlackBerry Z10 for first time with the gestures.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't care if OP does it, because I don't plan on buying their devices, just don't trust them with my information honestly.

That said, addressing just the notch idea in general because it seems that they are all going that way anyway. If I am forced to deal with one I'll likely just turn the status bar dark in Nova all the time. I kind of like the idea of the status bar icons being up there, but I think I'd just want the background to be black all the time so it looks normal.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if OP does it, because I don't plan on buying their devices, just don't trust them with my information honestly.

That said, addressing just the notch idea in general because it seems that they are all going that way anyway. If I am forced to deal with one I'll likely just turn the status bar dark in Nova all the time. I kind of like the idea of the status bar icons being up there, but I think I'd just want the background to be black all the time so it looks normal.
Thankfully shortly after release there will be an upgrade to eliminate the notch if you so desire.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Phones need to keep the screen size manageable for one hand use...bigger screen/notch less bezel but the phone is still the same size...
...if I were OnePlus I would have kept the same 6.01" screen and made it even less taller. They shaved off only like a 1/2 a mm since going with a slightly bigger screen. Could have been 150/151mm x 75mm x 7.7 mm with the same screen size as last year.......