Always on display?

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems it was removed due to battery concerns. Did anybody actually use it for any period of time before the update to verify if it is a battery hog or not?
Before I did the update I left the phone at home for a couple hours since I hadn't moved my sim card over from my old device. I was curious of the battery too so I noted where it was when I left. With the ambient display always on the battery went from 81 to 79 percent in about an hour and a half, with the phone left completely alone.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Before I did the update I left the phone at home for a couple hours since I hadn't moved my sim card over from my old device. I was curious of the battery too so I noted where it was when I left. With the ambient display always on the battery went from 81 to 79 percent in about an hour and a half, with the phone left completely alone.

Thanks, hardly terrible. Worse than LG or Google's implementation but on a par with Samsung.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
XDA-Developers: How to enable Always on Display on the OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, and OnePlus 6.
https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-always-on-display-oneplus-6-oneplus-5-5t/

via Google News

1. Is always on display worth rooting for (assuming you're not rooting anyway)? I say very much no.

2. Given that this is totally unofficial, I'd be a little concerned about burn in... Didn't read the thread, but the first post on XDA doesn't seem to mention anything about it.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Given the response of them removing the Always On Display, I'm sure OnePlus is going to put it back in sometime in a update

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just download glance plus free from the store. it beats any stock AOD from any phone maker. you get all your notifications not just what the phone maker wants you to have.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just download glance plus free from the store. it beats any stock AOD from any phone maker. you get all your notifications not just what the phone maker wants you to have.
Does it really work well? I woulda thought that functionality like that would have to be built deep into the system to work properly. It doesn't mess with Smart Lock or anything like that?

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does it really work well? I woulda thought that functionality like that would have to be built deep into the system to work properly. It doesn't mess with Smart Lock or anything like that?

well I can tell you its better then Samsungs and Huawei AOD ... the way around the smart locks on Huawei is set your sleep 30+ min., this allows glance plus to handle your locking(AOD)... you can customize it to no end. from music, weather, wallpapers, to phone calls, reading text messages and so on.... its been great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC