What is the deal with the USB-C on the One Plus 6? I vaguely hear it is not real USB -C and no one seems to care?! Can I use the same charger the Pixelbook comes with to charge this up and vice versa, Can I use the One Pus 6 charger on the Pixelbook? Does this effect fast charging? I enjoy traveling and want to only carry one charger. This seems to be the only real draw back on this phone but I might be understanding it wrong.

Does anyone on here have a Pixelbook (or any USB-C laptop) and the One Plus 6 and can verify you can use the USB-C charger on both devices and get fast charge?
    06-14-2018 08:50 PM
    It's a real USB C port. I can use other USB C cable to charge my phone. Though not as fast with the Dash Charger/Cable combo.
    Cables are a medium for charging. Though you might be able to use the USB C cables on both devices, I would be surprised if the charger for the 1+6 is compatible with the Pixelbook and vice versa. You would have to check the ratings on the chargers.
    06-14-2018 09:02 PM
    Thanks for the information. I really wish One Plus would have went with the same charger as the Pixel. It's my only real gripe with the phone, seems pretty much perfect aside that.
    06-15-2018 03:32 PM
    The Dash Charge is great super fast
    06-15-2018 07:23 PM
    The OP Dash is a lot easier on the phone too, given that it's all 5V, it stays much cooler, than say a 9 or 12V fast-charge mechanism.
    Your Pixelbook charger will charge it plenty fast enough, IMHO, but not as fast as Dash, obviously, it depends if 30-40 minutes vs 40-75 or so matters much, for your scenario (those are long charge times, from almost empty).

I have a heck of a time with charging my OP6 though, it fails to charge on non-HS chargers, frequently, such as a PC port, or a 2.4A regular charger. They seem to have not correctly exposed the "low current" charge setting, yet, for whatever reason.
    A reboot fixes the "blocked charge", but it gets old, I'm really hoping they fix the firmware issue sometime soon...
    06-16-2018 04:02 PM