Such temptation.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive been so tempted by this phone but I've been told by my wife I have to wait. We are actually selling our house and any change or credit, checking or savings balance can change our interest rate so we were advised to not purchase anything until our next house is purchase and finalized. I guess no matter the credit score you can get a change depending on balances. We have great credit and it's likely not going to matter as our range plus or minus a few points is well above any negative rates. But my wife has it in her head.

So my thoughts are we have likely another 30-60 days until all is well and final and at the OnePlus rate of model updates I'm better off waiting only a couple more months at that time or see how the new Pixel shakes out. Guess my Sammy will have to hold me over and I'm not complaining as I do have the S9+ but I just really miss my OnePlus 3 and now that we are finally back on a GSM carrier again I was very excited to get another. And this forum definitely isn't helping. 😂

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'd suggest waiting because the 6T is right around the corner. You'd have buyers remorse if you bought the 6 in 30 days only for OnePlus to announce the 6T like 2-4 weeks after.

BazzG

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder how long OnePlus can continue putting out flagship phones every 6 months. Sony used to do this. Not any more though.

I really like my Oneplus5 so I'll just wait for the 6T, and the go for the T model every year until either OnePlus makes the strategy work or, more likely, goes to one per year of 18 months.

ben cherian

Jul 16, 2018
Visit site
Ive been so tempted by this phone but I've been told by my wife I have to wait. We are actually selling our house and any change or credit, checking or savings balance can change our interest rate so we were advised to not purchase anything until our next house is purchase and finalized. I guess no matter the credit score you can get a change depending on balances. We have great credit and it's likely not going to matter as our range plus or minus a few points is well above any negative rates. But my wife has it in her head.

So my thoughts are we have likely another 30-60 days until all is well and final and at the OnePlus rate of model updates I'm better off waiting only a couple more months at that time or see how the new Pixel shakes out. Guess my Sammy will have to hold me over and I'm not complaining as I do have the S9+ but I just really miss my OnePlus 3 and now that we are finally back on a GSM carrier again I was very excited to get another. And this forum definitely isn't helping. 😂

I say wait for OnePlus 6T. Basically T version is a "Refined" version of the mistake that OnePlus had done with main model and despite the newer next 7 model around... 6t and 7 won't be of much difference like 5t and 6. Infact many are preferring 5t over 6 due to better speakers and all. That said a new problem, a design flaw has been raised in Reddit telling about the unusual glass back panel breaking .

https://techviral.net/omg-oneplus-6-vulnerable-cracking/

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Or you can wait until the 6T is on the heels of release - so you know what it will be like and if it's worth upgrading over the 6 - and then grab the 6 if the 6T is not to your liking.

Plus, even if you miss OP's cutoff point for the 6, Amazon will have 6's for sale. Let us know what you decide! :)

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It's true there's no guarantee, but I'd put money on it.

There was no real need for the 3T or 5T either... Although what they're going to do for a 6T model is beyond me.

I understand the 3T, they updated the processor from the 820 to the 821 and bumped the battery and camera specs.

I think with the 6T they will bump the battery up and increase the cameras MPs slightly.

To add it kinda sucks OP holds back making the 6 the best phone possible so they can release a T version

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I had no interest in getting another phone but saw a O+6 in white in the wild the other day. Phone is gorgeous. I am currently using the P2XL and am really trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger on that red version. O+6 had way more customization in the stock OS than the P2XL and that red is just wicked FIRE!! Plus work the student discount it's super hard to resist. Anyone here go from P2XL to the One plus 6??

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had no interest in getting another phone but saw a O+6 in white in the wild the other day. Phone is gorgeous. I am currently using the P2XL and am really trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger on that red version. O+6 had way more customization in the stock OS than the P2XL and that red is just wicked FIRE!! Plus work the student discount it's super hard to resist. Anyone here go from P2XL to the One plus 6??

I am pretty sure there have been users on this forum who have switched from the 2XL to a OP 6 - in fact, I think there is a dedicated "Pixel 2 to OnePlus 6" thread here!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Do it ....get it lol
I have both the pixel 2 xl and 1+6