08-27-2018 01:23 PM
40 12
tools
    Ive been so tempted by this phone but I've been told by my wife I have to wait. We are actually selling our house and any change or credit, checking or savings balance can change our interest rate so we were advised to not purchase anything until our next house is purchase and finalized. I guess no matter the credit score you can get a change depending on balances. We have great credit and it's likely not going to matter as our range plus or minus a few points is well above any negative rates. But my wife has it in her head.

So my thoughts are we have likely another 30-60 days until all is well and final and at the OnePlus rate of model updates I'm better off waiting only a couple more months at that time or see how the new Pixel shakes out. Guess my Sammy will have to hold me over and I'm not complaining as I do have the S9+ but I just really miss my OnePlus 3 and now that we are finally back on a GSM carrier again I was very excited to get another. And this forum definitely isn't helping. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Morty2264 and gengenochen like this.
    07-14-2018 07:20 AM
    I'd suggest waiting because the 6T is right around the corner. You'd have buyers remorse if you bought the 6 in 30 days only for OnePlus to announce the 6T like 2-4 weeks after.
    07-14-2018 08:12 AM
    if you leave your wife all your money problems will be solved ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    07-14-2018 09:07 AM
    I am not seeing any humor to this.
    07-14-2018 09:31 AM
    I might do it in the next week or two.
    07-14-2018 11:27 AM
    I might do it in the next week or two.

Seems unlikely, sounds like she's the sensible one lol.
    07-14-2018 11:43 AM
    Seems unlikely, sounds like she's the sensible one lol.
    Selling something. If it sells I can just quick order it. However with all the craziness I'm not sure it will be doable. Lol
    07-14-2018 12:22 PM
    I just wonder how long OnePlus can continue putting out flagship phones every 6 months. Sony used to do this. Not any more though.

I really like my Oneplus5 so I'll just wait for the 6T, and the go for the T model every year until either OnePlus makes the strategy work or, more likely, goes to one per year of 18 months.
    07-16-2018 07:22 AM
    I'd suggest waiting because the 6T is right around the corner. You'd have buyers remorse if you bought the 6 in 30 days only for OnePlus to announce the 6T like 2-4 weeks after.
    I'll wait for the 9T
    07-16-2018 10:39 AM
    Ive been so tempted by this phone but I've been told by my wife I have to wait. We are actually selling our house and any change or credit, checking or savings balance can change our interest rate so we were advised to not purchase anything until our next house is purchase and finalized. I guess no matter the credit score you can get a change depending on balances. We have great credit and it's likely not going to matter as our range plus or minus a few points is well above any negative rates. But my wife has it in her head.

So my thoughts are we have likely another 30-60 days until all is well and final and at the OnePlus rate of model updates I'm better off waiting only a couple more months at that time or see how the new Pixel shakes out. Guess my Sammy will have to hold me over and I'm not complaining as I do have the S9+ but I just really miss my OnePlus 3 and now that we are finally back on a GSM carrier again I was very excited to get another. And this forum definitely isn't helping. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I say wait for OnePlus 6T. Basically T version is a "Refined" version of the mistake that OnePlus had done with main model and despite the newer next 7 model around... 6t and 7 won't be of much difference like 5t and 6. Infact many are preferring 5t over 6 due to better speakers and all. That said a new problem, a design flaw has been raised in Reddit telling about the unusual glass back panel breaking .

https://techviral.net/omg-oneplus-6-...able-cracking/
    07-16-2018 12:25 PM
    pay cash.
    07-16-2018 01:39 PM
    pay cash.
    Guess you missed the part that I was told to not dip into savings or checking. Lol
    07-16-2018 01:40 PM
    Or you can wait until the 6T is on the heels of release - so you know what it will be like and if it's worth upgrading over the 6 - and then grab the 6 if the 6T is not to your liking.

Plus, even if you miss OP's cutoff point for the 6, Amazon will have 6's for sale. Let us know what you decide!
    07-16-2018 05:28 PM
    No guarantee thier will be a 6T. 3T and 5T fixed known issues on 3 and 5 phones
    07-16-2018 06:52 PM
    No guarantee thier will be a 6T. 3T and 5T fixed known issues on 3 and 5 phones
    It's true there's no guarantee, but I'd put money on it.

There was no real need for the 3T or 5T either... Although what they're going to do for a 6T model is beyond me.
    07-17-2018 04:51 AM
    Guess you missed the part that I was told to not dip into savings or checking. Lol
    I would wait for the new model though I doubt that purchase would affect your rate.
    07-17-2018 06:50 AM
    It's true there's no guarantee, but I'd put money on it.

There was no real need for the 3T or 5T either... Although what they're going to do for a 6T model is beyond me.
    I understand the 3T, they updated the processor from the 820 to the 821 and bumped the battery and camera specs.

I think with the 6T they will bump the battery up and increase the cameras MPs slightly.

To add it kinda sucks OP holds back making the 6 the best phone possible so they can release a T version
    Morty2264 and jtcannonball like this.
    07-18-2018 03:20 PM
    I had no interest in getting another phone but saw a O+6 in white in the wild the other day. Phone is gorgeous. I am currently using the P2XL and am really trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger on that red version. O+6 had way more customization in the stock OS than the P2XL and that red is just wicked FIRE!! Plus work the student discount it's super hard to resist. Anyone here go from P2XL to the One plus 6??
    Morty2264 and gengenochen like this.
    07-18-2018 10:30 PM
    I had no interest in getting another phone but saw a O+6 in white in the wild the other day. Phone is gorgeous. I am currently using the P2XL and am really trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger on that red version. O+6 had way more customization in the stock OS than the P2XL and that red is just wicked FIRE!! Plus work the student discount it's super hard to resist. Anyone here go from P2XL to the One plus 6??
    I am pretty sure there have been users on this forum who have switched from the 2XL to a OP 6 - in fact, I think there is a dedicated "Pixel 2 to OnePlus 6" thread here!
    07-18-2018 10:57 PM
    Do it ....get it lol
    I have both the pixel 2 xl and 1+6
    07-18-2018 11:32 PM
    Do it ....get it lol
    I have both the pixel 2 xl and 1+6
    Lol, how do they compare to one another?? Do you prefer one over the other?
    07-19-2018 05:50 AM
    Lol, how do they compare to one another?? Do you prefer one over the other?
    On the software side:
    Think of it as pixel and 1+6 both supercharged cars going down the quarter mile and half way down the 1+6 has nitrous button . But they both smoth and fast just something that 1+ 6 does is unbelievable

Camera:
    The pixel is 1 step better , but the 1+ 6 is pretty good camera . It takes slow mo video and it's portrait mode is good

Battery life :
    Both about the same but the 1+6 edges it out a little more

Charging:
    1+6 is the fastest I've seen

Value wise:
    It's hard to beat how much the 1+6 cost and what you get for it

Overall:
    The pixel is a beast of a phone that will take it to any phone on the market but the 1+6 is a phone that at that price is very very good

Edit:
    If you had to choose only 1 of them then it hard you'd have to go in finer details like what color you want and what price you'd pay ect...
    TheDonJ77 and nomi1978 like this.
    07-19-2018 07:39 AM
    On the software side:
    Think of it as pixel and 1+6 both supercharged cars going down the quarter mile and half way down the 1+6 has nitrous button . But they both smoth and fast just something that 1+ 6 does is unbelievable

Camera:
    The pixel is 1 step better , but the 1+ 6 is pretty good camera . It takes slow mo video and it's portrait mode is good

Battery life :
    Both about the same but the 1+6 edges it out a little more

Charging:
    1+6 is the fastest I've seen

Value wise:
    It's hard to beat how much the 1+6 cost and what you get for it

Overall:
    The pixel is a beast of a phone that will take it to any phone on the market but the 1+6 is a phone that at that price is very very good

Edit:
    If you had to choose only 1 of them then it hard you'd have to go in finer details like what color you want and what price you'd pay ect...
    Appreciate the info...........
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-19-2018 08:17 AM
    I second that as well. I switched from a 2XL to the 1 plus and don't see myself going back. battery life for me was slightly better on the pixel with 9.0.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-19-2018 09:40 PM
    I second that as well. I switched from a 2XL to the 1 plus and don't see myself going back. battery life for me was slightly better on the pixel with 9.0.
    Is there a BIG difference in camera quality or not really?? I'm really intrigued by oxygen OS and the rich customizations in the one plus launcher
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-19-2018 09:44 PM
40 12