And is OnePlus still doing that sketchy stuff that everyone was so angry about?
    08-11-2018 05:19 PM
    Which sketchy stuff? On device? or as a business?
    08-11-2018 06:08 PM
    Which sketchy stuff? On device? or as a business?
    I heard that they were exploiting or recording everything we do a while back /:
    08-11-2018 08:41 PM
    Did they? Maybe I missed out this news. Personally I feel that for the price it is worth it.

Quoting a website article:

However, if you are looking for something that is almost Flagship Quality, yet almost half the price of what other device manufacturers are charging for their flagship devices, OnePlus 6 is definately for you.

OnePlus 6 comes with specs that is as strong as any other android device you can get right now. Paired with Oxygen OS, OnePlus custom version of Android, gets you quite close to a pure Android experience.

https://www.sgfreshidea.com/mobile-p...neplus-before/
    08-11-2018 10:10 PM
    Did they? Maybe I missed out this news. Personally I feel that for the price it is worth it.

Quoting a website article:

However, if you are looking for something that is almost Flagship Quality, yet almost half the price of what other device manufacturers are charging for their flagship devices, OnePlus 6 is definately for you.

OnePlus 6 comes with specs that is as strong as any other android device you can get right now. Paired with Oxygen OS, OnePlus custom version of Android, gets you quite close to a pure Android experience.

https://www.sgfreshidea.com/mobile-p...neplus-before/
    Collecting data without approval, sending IMEI information over unencrypted connections, something allowing phones to be rooted without unlocking bootloader, credit card breach, some clipboard all that was suspicious apparently...

https://www.howtogeek.com/340174/its...-from-oneplus/

Anyway.. when will the 6T be announced?
    08-12-2018 12:24 AM
    Very good buy...I think they fixed those problems
    08-12-2018 11:22 AM
    Android Central did write an article about this when it happened - and I think you are also referring to the credit card fraud that happened when the 5T came out. The fraud itself was not done by OP and was actually something to do with its payment/security company; and they've since gotten that under control. It was a bit of a scandal in the mobile world but (and I'm not defending OP here) plenty of manufacturers have had their fair share of those. Samsung had the Note 7 fiasco. Apple had the battery drama. LG had the bootloop issue with the G4. I'm not excusing OP (and this was technically their security company, not OP themselves) - I'm just saying that these things happen and no cell phone company is immune.

Anyway, the 6 is more than worth it, IMO. I've heard the display is great and it feels awesome in the hand; and that the camera is decent. I've always wanted an OP phone and I am sure it would have been a good choice for me had I gone that route.

Plus, Oxygen OS is, I've heard, a very good operating system and if you like stock Android, OnePlus is a good manufacturer to choose.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!
    08-12-2018 12:43 PM
    OnePlus6, is a very good and reliable phone, great screen, fast and smooth (my model is a 8/128 and has zero lag) and compares well to other top tier phones on the market but with a closer feel to a pure Android experience with zero bloatware
    08-14-2018 09:01 AM
    I can't pull the trigger on buying this phone because they collect your data constantly. They can't be trusted as a company. Why does everyone here give them a pass on that?
    08-14-2018 10:14 AM
    I can't pull the trigger on buying this phone because they collect your data constantly. They can't be trusted as a company. Why does everyone here give them a pass on that?
    I think Morty explained it before
    08-14-2018 01:14 PM
    Probably because it was mostly bull****.

OnePlus definitely collect data, but bk more than every other manufacturer. Look at all the location stuff that came out today... Of course, that was Google, so it'll be swept under the carpet by Monday.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    08-14-2018 02:27 PM
    At the end of the day, you need to buy the phone that is right for you.

This article may help clear things up a bit about OP's data collection:

https://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...ata-collection
    08-14-2018 09:46 PM
    I believe my "join user experience" and one other data collection box were both unchecked by default when I set up my phone. Google has a lot more data collection going on than Oneplus does, I'm not sure I even got all the Google ones turned off after searching through all the Google opt in / opt out sections that they ask for data collection in.
    Morty2264 and mustang7757 like this.
    08-15-2018 04:35 AM
    I believe my "join user experience" and one other data collection box were both unchecked by default when I set up my phone. Google has a lot more data collection going on than Oneplus does, I'm not sure I even got all the Google ones turned off after searching through all the Google opt in / opt out sections that they ask for data collection in.
    when did this phone come out, my OGXL is acting funky I think I might have to get this because it isn't a grand
    08-18-2018 05:43 PM
    when did this phone come out, my OGXL is acting funky I think I might have to get this because it isn't a grand
    It was released in May. Here is the specs sheet for the OnePlus 6, courtesy of GSM Arena:

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_6-9109.php
    08-19-2018 07:10 PM