Official release of Android 9 Pie for the OnePlus 6

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Just to let you guys know that OnePlus has started to roll out the stable release of Android 9 Pie for the OnePlus 6.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-9-0-for-the-oneplus-6.909533/

This is amazing news for us OnePlus 6 owners and nothing short of spectacular for the OnePlus team.

To put in to context this is the first OEM outside Google Pixel phones and the Essential Phone to release it this year and that within 2 months of Google's release date (46 days to be precise).

This should be a wake up call for the likes of Samsung, LG and Huawei and Motorola who take ages for the updates to come by.

OnePlus has showed how positively they have embraced Google's Project Treble and thus fast tracked the update process for their devices. Heck even the OnePlus 3 and 3T will get a slice of Pie and they are nearly 3 years old. Samsung would never able to give that support to the Galaxy s7 series.

Let us know how the update goes and share your experiences of a slice of Android Pie. ( I am still waiting for my update notification)

Cheers

😁

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I went and downloaded OnePlus Updater from the Play Store so I cool get the update right now here in the US. So far the update seems fine, though there's no change log info in the system settings.

Having updated this way, will I now still get future updates OTA as normal, or am I now off the "official" update track?? I'm showing build 22_180915. Hoping I wasn't too impatient!

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I was on the beta. I figured a fresh install was worth it after three betas so I did the official downgrade then used Oxygen updater to upgrade to pie. Everything is running super great so far.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I started fresh and didn't restore anything. Whenever I go to a new major version of Android I like to start fresh so as not to bring anything over.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah found out earlier, I'm on beta will i get a update or need to go back stock to get it

I had to go back down to Oreo, but I am still waiting on Pie 9 to drop to my OP6. According to the OnePlus Forum, it will happen eventually :( which kind of sucks as the beta users should get it first since we reported all of the problems to help make the official roll out better (although I am hearing beta users say that that Pie 9 is worse than Beta3)

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
You could use Oxygen updater like I did. it worked perfectly and I've only encountered one bug and it was extremely minor. Battery so far has been great too.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You could use Oxygen updater like I did. it worked perfectly and I've only encountered one bug and it was extremely minor. Battery so far has been great too.

What was said bug? I'm trying to hold myself back from using the updater to see if there are any major issues at all, only because Oreo is working great right now for me.

anon(391898)

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What was said bug? I'm trying to hold myself back from using the updater to see if there are any major issues at all, only because Oreo is working great right now for me.

I've been following the OnePlus forums and there have not been any major issues that anyone has talked about. Most of the complaints have been that some features in the Beta didn't make it to the final.
I've been using it since it was released and have not noticed any issues. Battery life appears to be a little better, but its really too early to make a determination of that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had to go back down to Oreo, but I am still waiting on Pie 9 to drop to my OP6. According to the OnePlus Forum, it will happen eventually :( which kind of sucks as the beta users should get it first since we reported all of the problems to help make the official roll out better (although I am hearing beta users say that that Pie 9 is worse than Beta3)

Yeah I went back to oreo and downloaded through oxygen updater to pie... and I to believe beta testers should be able to go straight to 9.0

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This is how google designed it in Android 9. The same thing happened on my pixel as well.
It's a huge difference. I used to be able to keep the slider around 25% at the office. Today I had to bring it up to like 75 or 80 to see the screen the way I'm used to.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Used the Oxygen Updater to get Pie 9 after rolling back to Oreo (I was on the Beta 3 OS)
My guess is that there will be an update to Pie OS9, within the next few weeks to fix some of the bugs folks are talking about in the One+ community/All in all my OP6 is running ok with no major functionality issues

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Used the Oxygen Updater to get Pie 9 after rolling back to Oreo (I was on the Beta 3 OS)
My guess is that there will be an update to Pie OS9, within the next few weeks to fix some of the bugs folks are talking about in the One+ community/All in all my OP6 is running ok with no major functionality issues

In the beta with sipe gestures we were able to get Google assistant holding the power button , I don't see that option anymore?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463